How high can PS go using normal rules?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daejiv
D-Bee

Unread post by Daejiv »

My Growth character can get a ps of 87 when in his form
Jonny Conkle
Daejiv = Daemon + Jarvis
Heroes Unlimited Gamer
Great Simmer

Unread post by Guest »

My thread has some ideas on this.

Me wrote: Hey, Sentinel got me started on this again.

One guy said he had a Golem with a 97 P.S. to which I replied "thats all?"

I mentioned making a guy with 212 P.S. to which Sentinal said "how the hell?"

Here I am now, realising you can make a 294 P.S. during the day, 588 P.S. underwater, 68 Foot Rhino Alien

Well...294 P.S. during the Day...

588 P.S. Underwater....that's pretty freaking Ridiculous.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

at least he can lift his own weight...
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Edge wrote:My thread has some ideas on this.

Here I am now, realising you can make a 294 P.S. during the day, 588 P.S. underwater, 68 Foot Rhino Alien

Dude - that's still only like 150 tons or so. However, it IS +573 damage (you could take out a tank with a few punches).
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Unread post by Guest »

Cardiac wrote:

Dude - that's still only like 150 tons or so. However, it IS +573 damage (you could take out a tank with a few punches).

Or a Submarine, as he would be underwater.

On Land it would only be +279 Damage...

I wonder what the SN P.S. Punch/Power Punch would be at that level?

Anyone got a chart handy?

like, 1d4x100 sound good?

With Grav manip, you can make guys who can lift 5,000 or more tons...but if you trade that for Solar Powered and Underwater abilities, you can get the Stupid P.S. figure mentioned here.

Unread post by Guest »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

.......damn, send my n00b azz back to elementary school why don'cha?

I'm tempted to sig that.

lol...not sure why I shouldn't.
Daejiv
D-Bee

Unread post by Daejiv »

Ok , Ok lets all be nice :D jk , Lol , I am tempted to get an all strength character , a macho man
Jonny Conkle
Daejiv = Daemon + Jarvis
Heroes Unlimited Gamer
Great Simmer

Unread post by Guest »

I like using Physical Training: Strength Focus for that.

Which brings up a question.

Does a Power Punch count your P.S. bonus before, or after the double, I think before, as it makes it much more fitting of being a "special attack."
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

.......damn, send my n00b azz back to elementary school why don'cha?
one of our RIFTs charaters when we first started ended up with a talisman that gave her 2700 Supernatual ps

the catch? she had to be full sized, (she was Zentradi)
冠双
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Two words: Body Chi.

For one melee, a Supernatural Martial Artist blows 100+ Chi and Gets +500 to his PS score! "No, I'd just rather knock over Chi-Town, rather than having to deal with any Coalition crap."

Heck, a third level martial artist with Tai Chi Chuan, and Qi Gong the physical skill could easily have 200 chi to play around with...
Gomen_Nagai

normal humans are limited to PS 30, superhumans to PS 50 and Supernatural to unlimited.

Unread post by Guest »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:normal humans are limited to PS 30, superhumans to PS 50 and Supernatural to unlimited.

Yep.

Case in Point: Mega Hero's could not select SN P.S., and Tremendous P.S. together if they were limited to 50, as it adds up to 50+5d6 with attribute rolls and bonuses.

Not to mention the loads of NPC's with over 50 SN P.S.

Unread post by Guest »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:which book is that rule in?
(although personally I take the governors off in my game).
One thing that surprised me is that the physical training character for endurance and strength gets superhuman strength. Isn't that a wee bit too much lifting power for someone who got that way by pumping lots of iron?

Eh, It fits the comic style though.

I'd just say that they have a natural mutation that they developed through physical aptitude.

Technically they are Human, but they are anything but normal.

Now with the wide variety of "non-powered" characters, it's nice having a little something extra to set the PT's apart.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

One thing that surprised me is that the physical training character for endurance and strength gets superhuman strength. Isn't that a wee bit too much lifting power for someone who got that way by pumping lots of iron?

Atlantis, and that's the limit for what bio-wizardy can do for ya. Other paths have no upper limit.

Physical Training characters don't get the SH strength power, they get their current strength stat and use the SH lift chart (X300lbs) for their displacement abilities.

Alright, here's how you max out strength stat. I'm don't have any of my heroes books so we'll have to play by ear a bit. Take a micronized Zentraedi clone, unprogramed with max strength allowed, as if you rolled all sixes, (4d6=24+6 on the bonus dice, +6 on the bonus dice for rolling another 6, 36 to start). Train him as a physical training character, strength focus, take all skills that offer a strength bonus.

Then we take him to that nazi bastard, the freak maker, and get three major powers installed. Animal Abilities (I think Bear gives the best strength bump), APS Metal I belive, and finally SN Strength.

Of course having two hero classes means he's a mega-hero by default, so we add in extream strength bump.

Then we make him full sized (strength score X100 and it's supernatural)

Edge's water trick powerset will still net more bonuses on the same character, but this model is all enviromental, especially if his experiement side effect is "doesn't need to breath". That way he can function in most any enviroment.

I think the strongest character in all of Palladium is Bill Coffin's Oblisk from Century Station, 138 SN class.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

The Artist Formerly wrote:

Atlantis, and that's the limit for what bio-wizardy can do for ya. Other paths have no upper limit.

rifts isn't HU2, though... they do have differences, even though they are from the same system.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
The Artist Formerly
Champion

I don't know, I don't have my copy handy.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

Unread post by Guest »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Is there a typo in HU2 then for the physical training character that was corrected later? Because my copy says "P.S. is equal to the Minor ability of Spuerhuman Strength! All bonuses and features of this super ability apply."

That is correct sir!

I take that to mean, add 20+2d4 to P.S., Fatigues at half.

Otherwise it would have said "Strength is considered Superhuman for the purposes of Lifting and Carrying" kind of like the Stocky Mutant option.

Oh, if you take my ridiculously strong character, and replace where I put Rhino Alien with Zentraedi, you would lose maybe 30 P.S. points (260 say) but then X100?

SN P.S. 26,000? 52,000 Underwater? De-aaammmnnn...
The Artist Formerly
Champion

Edge wrote:
el magico -- darklorddc wrote:Is there a typo in HU2 then for the physical training character that was corrected later? Because my copy says "P.S. is equal to the Minor ability of Spuerhuman Strength! All bonuses and features of this super ability apply."

That is correct sir!

I take that to mean, add 20+2d4 to P.S., Fatigues at half.

Otherwise it would have said "Strength is considered Superhuman for the purposes of Lifting and Carrying" kind of like the Stocky Mutant option.

Perhaps my recollection is off or my copy is flawed then.
bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bathawk »

personaly I'm curious how mega mutants/Aliens like Headstrong and the Denzien (from Gramercy Island got thier strength into the tripple digits)

so anyone who can tell me how to get to the 160-170 range would be much appreciated

Unread post by Guest »

bathawk wrote:personaly I'm curious how mega mutants/Aliens like Headstrong and the Denzien (from Gramercy Island got thier strength into the tripple digits)

so anyone who can tell me how to get to the 160-170 range would be much appreciated

SN P.S. Major Power =32-42
Mega Hero Tremendous P.S.=52-62
APS:Metal=74-90
Solar Powered+6 Hours of Sunlight=+40% (call it 95-130)

Add in Experiment Side Effects for +5-10
And/Or Alien Biology for +2-24
High Grav Homeworld for 2-8
Decent Rolls for 18-30

That should pop you well over 160/170.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Edge wrote:
bathawk wrote:personaly I'm curious how mega mutants/Aliens like Headstrong and the Denzien (from Gramercy Island got thier strength into the tripple digits)

Decent Rolls for 18-30

Except that APS Metal specifically states that if you have BOTH the Major super abilities of APS:Metal AND SN PS, the you DON'T get the strength Boost from APS:Metal(Your strength is unchanged in metal form!).

However, except for that and the solor powered thing that's pretty much what the writers for the Denizen did.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Unread post by Guest »

Sir_Spirit wrote:
Edge wrote:

Decent Rolls for 18-30

Except that APS Metal specifically states that if you have BOTH the Major super abilities of APS:Metal AND SN PS, the you DON'T get the strength Boost from APS:Metal(Your strength is unchanged in metal form!).

However, except for that and the solor powered thing that's pretty much what the writers for the Denizen did.

Where, exactly does it state that, spirit?

I've yet to see it.

Later version?

Errata?

HUGMG?

Cause, I don't buy it, so I've always gone by the SN P.S. rule of thumb "Physical Skills cannot increase this strength, but other Super Abilities can."

Either way, if you want to use that crap rule, just swap in Growth for APS:Metal, same effect, but a good deal more strength.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Edge wrote:Where, exactly does it state that, spirit?

I've yet to see it.

Later version?

Errata?

HUGMG?

Cause, I don't buy it, so I've always gone by the SN P.S. rule of thumb "Physical Skills cannot increase this strength, but other Super Abilities can."

Hmm, must be going insane then(just looked up the power and didn't see anything about not getting supernatural Strength), so just ignore that untill I can prove otherwise......
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.

Unread post by Guest »

Thats what I was thinking.

APS:Metal by itself was always cool.

When I got Hu2 with SN P.S. in it, I though, Man, SN strength punches from a Metal guy would hurt like hell...COOL!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If you have a full sized zentradiee then their normal ps would be from 500 to 3400.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bathawk »

so wait...physical skills don't increase supernatural strength?
The Artist Formerly
Champion

bathawk wrote:so wait...physical skills don't increase supernatural strength?

Nope.

But there is a way around that.

Gain the physical skills before you gain the super powers.

Unread post by Guest »

The Artist Formerly wrote:
bathawk wrote:so wait...physical skills don't increase supernatural strength?

Nope.

But there is a way around that.

Gain the physical skills before you gain the super powers.

True, See Also: Super Inventions, Magic Weapons, and Magic Objects...

Any of which can be used by virtually anyone, and could all grant very high SN P.S.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

I'd bet you can also slide it by if you had the "Must transform to use powers" limiter.
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

drewkitty wrote:If you have a full sized zentradiee then their normal ps would be from 500 to 3400.
thats not counting the fact that Physical skill bonuses are also multiplied by 100 when calculating their full sized PS and PE,
冠双
khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

I don't think it's a typo. I think that is their intention. It would explain the lack of a training bonus to the PS score because PT characters get PS from having a strength power.

Remember Physical Training characters can become Megas. This implies they are more than guys who work out a lot.
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.
khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

The main villain in my game is an alien mega experiment from a high Gravity World with a Huamnoid Mineral Body who Must Transform to use his powers with Tremendous SDC and Tremendous PS (mega powers), Growth, Extraordinary PE, Wingless Flight, and one other minor ower that I might redo now that I have the PU books.

He has scary PS, but scarier SDC.
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

By the by, having checked my book on Tuesday in reguards to the physcial Training character and the strength bump, it turns out that yes, I am infact on crack.

Unread post by Guest »

*pounces*

BE-SIG'D!

Also, the minor typos were edited.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

if your strength is already above 20, extraordinary strength gives you a flat bonus of 2d6+6. generally, if you have a super power, it won't make your character weaker. :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!

Unread post by Guest »

I'm trying to figure out Red Knights post.

First he says "No, you don't get the strength bonuses".

Then he says "but you do add 20+2d4"...

How does that work again?
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Edge wrote:I'm trying to figure out Red Knights post.

First he says "No, you don't get the strength bonuses".

Then he says "but you do add 20+2d4"...

How does that work again?

yeah, i just didn't feel like trying to figure that contradiction out....
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Check out the comic series Megalith, from Neal Adams' Continuity Comics (Armour, The Revengers, Ms. Mystic, Madman, et al).
It's dead on this type of character.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Temporalmage
Hero

Unread post by Temporalmage »

Empowered character that physically metamorphs into a monster; super powers of Supernatural ST; a physical program including Boxing, wrestling, gymnastics, and body building; then add Mega with increased PS.
Total Supernatural PS of 114 when transformed. I think that's respectable.
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
Gomen_Nagai

Physical training characters get all the same bonuses of the powers they mention.

Ancient Masters get all the benefits of that one power they choose.

The ones that Don't get any bonuses are the ones that mention it as sub powers as having "Equivalent" ...
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Roll -- 3d6(18 )+6+6=30
Skills -- All Physicals +15 or so
Powers --
*APS Metal +2d4+12 (+20)
*Supernatural PS +30+2d6 (+42)
*Mega-Tremendous PS +20+2d6 (+32)

Legally you cannot have 2 or more Physical Powers that alters your body. Just about everyone ignore that though, which is cool.

As above thats :30+15+20+42+32 = 140 Legally by the book.

Now if you break the rules and add Nightstalking or Underwater or Growth or Stack Superhuman onto the PS and add multiple APS powers, etc...it goes up...ALOT. Aliens can reach even greater limits cause they can get Atomsphere bonuses...

Does this Help Darklord ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Sentinel
Palladin

TechnoGothic wrote:Roll -- 3d6(18 )+6+6=30
Powers --
*APS Metal +2d4+12 (+20) : The Bonus PS is actually 20+2D4 IIRC
*Mega-Tremendous PS +20+2d6 (+32): Tremendous PS is actually only 20.

Legally you cannot have 2 or more Physical Powers that alters your body. Just about everyone ignore that though, which is cool.
You can only select one form of PS: Extraordinary, Superhuman or Supernatural. There is no other restriction on Physical powers though.
For combining powers that alter the body, look at Glaciator from VU (APS:Ice and Growth).

As above thats :30+15+20+42+32 = 140 Legally by the book.

Now if you break the rules and add Nightstalking or Underwater or Growth or Stack Superhuman onto the PS and add multiple APS powers, etc...it goes up...ALOT. Aliens can reach even greater limits cause they can get Atomsphere bonuses...

Does this Help Darklord ;)

Don't forget powers like Invulnerability add to PS (1D4), as do certain mutant characteristics (Stocky: +1D4, equivalent to Superhuman PS).

Without trying to have any sort of versatility, I was able to come up with a mutant mega-hero with 114 PS.

Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Hmm, lets try that again:

Roll -- 3d6(18 )+6+6=30
Powers --
*APS Metal +20+2d4 (+28)
*Invulnerability +1d4(4)
*Mega-Tremendous PS +20
Then if you make them an Experiment:Either Must Transform or Increased Mass side effect both give you 1d6+4(+10)
A Rhino Alien gets +2d6+12(+24)
A high grvity alien get's+2d4(+8)As above thats :30+15+28+42+4+20+10+24+8=182 Legally by the book.
Gomen_Nagai

Leave out invulnerability and Put in AA: Fish and he gets Double PS underwater.
Display-Name-Alpha
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Display-Name-Alpha »

in a supers game... skys the limit... if you can feasably have a PS of 1000... then so be it... just realize there will still be consequences to having a grip that strong... you will no longer "get in cars" so much as rip the side off when you pull on the door.

Punching someone is liable to stop thier heart... there will also be the "high rise girder" weapon proficiency in your future.
Sentinel
Palladin

Heartless Cheese wrote:in a supers game... skys the limit... if you can feasably have a PS of 1000... then so be it... just realize there will still be consequences to having a grip that strong... you will no longer "get in cars" so much as rip the side off when you pull on the door.

Punching someone is liable to stop thier heart... there will also be the "high rise girder" weapon proficiency in your future.

Characters like this should be relagated exclusively to things like fighting invading armadas, Dominators (Phase World) Fallen Cosmo-Knights (Phase World), Adult Dragons, Spluglorth Minions (Atlantis, Splynn Market), and so on. They should never be up against common criminals and mundane obstacles to begin with.

That said, Presumably, super-strong characters have enough of a degree of self-control to be able to interact with their enviornment, unless that is their specific weakness/limitation.

Sentinel
Palladin

Hyperion wrote:Immortal Godling

Natural PS = 34
Natural PE = 25

Tremendous PS = +20 PS

SN PS = +38 PS

ME: Stone = +10 PS
+10 PE

Growth = + 5 PE
- Full Height of Growth (80ft) = +74 PS

Absorb Bio-Mass =
Assuming absorption of 3 men with 20 PS each = +60 PS

Solar Powered = +40% PS

TOTAL PS = 330

This guy can lift 75 tons!

100% legit with moderate to high rolls.

Almost: I don't believe you can get 4 Major and 1 Minor power, and Tremendous PS is only available as a Mega-Hero special ability, not an Immortal ability.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”