S.C.R.E.T. v2

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

S.C.R.E.T. v2

Unread post by NMI »

Just wondering, what do you guys/gals/aliens & other beings, want to see in an updated S.C.R.E.T.?

New Gadgets?
New/ Proper OCC expansion (something like the MTF in MU?)
Vehicles and Weaponry?
A Sample S.C.R.E.T. facility?
A S.C.R.E.T. holding unit?
Expanded History/ Goals and possible future?

I am asking because I am going to start working on this as a personel project.

Let your ideas fire away
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

Expanded SCRET / organization options and Expanded Facility creation rules, Sorta like how CONSPIRACY X has Aegis book..
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Updated equipment and weapons to represent the cutting edge of technology.

An anti super team or two.

An expansion of their spy network.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Well SCRET would be basically an extention of the US Mashals Service. Some rules covering jurisdiction, the approch they use to both generate the list of characters they will attempt to pursue and apprehend, how they deal with both the more mundane aspects of their job, the super human aspects of their job and the legal side of things.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Good ideas, keep `em flowing.

[edit]Ironically, as I was typing this specific post, the images of game books @ the top left, happened to all 3 be on VU2.[/edit]
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I would love to see a base, both public and hidden. I would also like to see an expansion into the covert side of things with the Sector including safe houses and regional and local offices.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Pretty much agree with everything written so far except I would like to see them recruit more superhumans. Imo the organization seems to be way outclassed for what it has to fight and could use more super powered backup.

You don't need to make any new ones there are plenty of relatively good npc solo superhero in the HU sourcebooks. Maybe scret can have their version of a suicide squad. Work for them get a reduced sentence type of thing.

If you are not adverse to using other sources of information Hero Games has a sourcebook called U.N.T.I.L. which is the scret of that universe. A good source of inspiration if you need it.

Will this be a Rifter Article or a possible upcoming HU book? Personally I would like to see Scret sourcebook.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Now just to get back to my friends house so I can get my copy of VU.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

The Deific NMI wrote:Now just to get back to my friends house so I can get my copy of VU.

Good luck on your efforts and keep us posted.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

Personally, I thought it was kind of cheesy that every Scret agent was equal to one of the Hero Classes. Squad leaders, sure I can see, but every goon...er...recruit?

Otherwise, D-NMI, I'd like to see everything you listed there - especially what they use to counter powers and subdue opponents non-lethally (I imagine some of the stuff will be similar to that presented in CS/GI). Oh....and when you are designing the equivalent successor to the Sonic Tank, please have the main gun be capable of more damage than a machinegun mounted on top. :D
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Who founded SCRET? Where will SCRET be 50 to 100 years in the future.
How is SCRET organised? What is the chain of command?
How does the Government direct the SCRET teams and who answers to whom?
How does SCRET interact with Army and Law Enforcement agencies?
Does SCRET have a shadowy side? How do they handle Public Relations?

More Super Arsenals! Containment and Power Counteracting Devices!
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I could have sworn the SCRET is mentioned elsewhere other then VU and VU2 but I just cant seem to find them.

Here is another question: Is there any difference in the text of SCRET in VU2 compared to VU1?
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

sCRET is mentioned in Century station
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Gomen_Nagai wrote:sCRET is mentioned in Century station
would you be so kind as to give me a page reference?
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

It's in there, towards the front of the book around the Council of Industry Section or the City luminaries area I belive.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I find Triton, I find SHOCK but no SCRET
Cardiac
Adventurer

Unread post by Cardiac »

The Deific NMI wrote:I find Triton, I find SHOCK but no SCRET
At least one reference is in the Project Tyche or Project Secure writeup - friendly aliens are encouraged to join SCRET, or another government agency apparently.
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own" - Thomas Jefferson

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with senses, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”