Could a Super Hero destroy the Coalition?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

The CS could have stomped these guys
Just cause you are invunerable does not mean that your can over power PA
You still have to breath so I trip by 4 super sams into the bottom of a river would kill him.
He only has supernatual strength when carring things as the book says therefore he is not able to even damage a CS trooper in in armour without a weapon.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Plus the fact that the CS has hundreds if not thousands of psychics.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.

Re: Could a Super Hero destroy the Coalition?

Unread post by Guest »

Rolling Bear wrote:I was reading through HU and found a super power that would allow a character to single handedly dominate the CS.

Invunerability makes a character invunerable to all attacks except psionic spell amgic and other magic. Even supernatural PS only does half damage. Now if you got a couple of these guys they could wipe out an entire CS battalion with no sweat. It says ground zero at a nuclear explosion or Super NOva, and fiery ereentry into an atmosphere from space, might HURT the character.

Seriously though if Tolkeen could have found like 10 of these guys or made them somehow there would be no need to destroy uit.

Ahem...

"Call captain Zane over, Sergeant."

Zane runs over and salutes. "Sir!"

"Zane..you're..what do they call those again..a Zapper?"

"SIR YES SIR!"

"Good. Assemble the rest of your psi-team, make sure you have a Burster or two. That d-bee over there is your target. Lay down supressive fire and continue with an immediate execution in par with your powers."

"SIR!" *salutes, and gets to the dirty business*

Buzz. Burn. ect ect..
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

You have a Super Hero with the HU power of Invulnerability? I have over a million Dog Boys all armed with Nerual Maces and Net Guns... and all I need is just a small few neutralize Mr. Super Hero before zapping him into a coma. After that I'm thinking of dropping him in a pit of drying MDC concrete. Let's see how his invulnerability deals with a lung full of that crud. :twisted:
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Rolling Bear wrote:It says ground zero at a nuclear explosion or Super NOva, and fiery ereentry into an atmosphere from space, might HURT the character.

If a Super Nova explosion will only hurt the character, then mentioning "firey reentry" or "nuclear explosions" is completely pointless, as neither would even give the character pause.

Or, in Sesame Street terms, "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong."

<grumbles about inappropriately written rules-examples />
Last edited by RainOfSteel on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

RainOfSteel wrote:
Rolling Bear wrote:It says ground zero at a nuclear explosion or Super NOva, and fiery ereentry into an atmosphere from space, might HURT the character.

If a Super Nova explosion will only hurt the character, then mentioning "firey reentry" or "nuclear explosions" is completely pointless, as neither would even give the character pause.

Or, in Sesame Street terms, "One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong."

<grumbles about inappropriate rules-examples />

Lol...its a game :P
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Rolling Bear wrote:I was reading through HU and found a super power that would allow a character to single handedly dominate the CS.

Invunerability makes a character invunerable to all attacks except psionic spell amgic and other magic. Even supernatural PS only does half damage. Now if you got a couple of these guys they could wipe out an entire CS battalion with no sweat. It says ground zero at a nuclear explosion or Super NOva, and fiery ereentry into an atmosphere from space, might HURT the character.

Seriously though if Tolkeen could have found like 10 of these guys or made them somehow there would be no need to destroy uit.

1. As has been pointed out, there are zillions of ways to stop an invulnerable character without damaging him. Nets, lassos, neural maces, radiation, drowning, strangulation, imprisonment, Psychic powers, etc. etc. etc.
2. Particle Beams can damage a person with Invulnerability. Dumb but true.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Well, If the US Army and USMC were to recruit, train and equip an entire army of Super humans, they could probably kick the CS states colective asses. Assumeing that they also get access to "Rifts modern" Weapons and body armor.
冠双
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Killer Cyborg wrote:2. Particle Beams can damage a person with Invulnerability. Dumb but true.

Huh where did you get this?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Ishtirru wrote:
Janissary wrote:Not even the so-called "Mega Hero" could take down the entire Coalition by brute force. Not even Odin or Spylnncyrth could do that.

WRONG. The it is said that the Splugorth could wipe out the Xinticix in two weeks, something that the CS cannot. Aslo don't underestimate a head god of a pantheon. They could summon legions upon legions of minions.

splincreth runs the most powerfull country on the planit he has
3 planits worth of reserves. He could take down the colition with out
a problem.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Ishtirru wrote:
Janissary wrote:Not even the so-called "Mega Hero" could take down the entire Coalition by brute force. Not even Odin or Spylnncyrth could do that.

WRONG. The it is said that the Splugorth could wipe out the Xinticix in two weeks, something that the CS cannot. Aslo don't underestimate a head god of a pantheon. They could summon legions upon legions of minions.

I don't believe you understood what I wrote. Let me try again...

Lord Splynncryth HIMSELF, not his vast army of minions, could not take out the Coalition. Lord Splynncryth all by his lonesome, with out any aid.

It goes without saying that he could take over the entire planet if he wanted too. That was put out in the Atlantis book.

Before calling someone wrong, please try to at least read what they have written.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Lord Cherico wrote:
a problem.

If by "splincreth" you mean Splynncryth, then yes. As I said to Ishtirru, it was put out in the Atlantis book that with his resources he could have conquered the whole planet by now if that was his wish.

I will suggest to you exactly what I suggested to Ishtirru, that being read and hopefully understand what someone has written before making wild(and false) accusations.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

The CS could wipe out the bugs were they willing to commit their entire combat force to the undertaking, something they obviously cannot do. As for Splyn being able to do it in two weeks, maybe exaggerated a bit but he does have 3+ planets and Atlantis at his disposal leaving him able to field a much larger and more magically formidable army than the CS could ever hope to field.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

I understood perfectly what you meant Toc rat.

You are absolutly correct, Splynncryth alone would get his butt handed to him by the CS, just like a superhuman with Invunerability would.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Kalinda wrote:I understood perfectly what you meant Toc rat.

You are absolutly correct, Splynncryth alone would get his butt handed to him by the CS, just like a superhuman with Invunerability would.

Oh good, I was begining to think I had lost my ability to communicate :lol:

RainOfSteel wrote:

Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

demos606 wrote:The CS could wipe out the bugs were they willing to commit their entire combat force to the undertaking, something they obviously cannot do. As for Splyn being able to do it in two weeks, maybe exaggerated a bit but he does have 3+ planets and Atlantis at his disposal leaving him able to field a much larger and more magically formidable army than the CS could ever hope to field.

The Coalition could destroy the Xiticix in a long protracted war if they act immediately and if they were to fully commit their resources. However it seems far more likely they will continue to ignore the threat posed by the Xiticix in favor of attacking easyer opponents that have little or no chance of harming them.

RainOfSteel wrote:

demos606
Hero

CS just has too much collective firepower for any singular being to have a realistic chance of taking them out, no matter how much we might like to dream it could happen. The Lord of the Deep isn't capable of it without its hordes upon hordes of minions and it quite possible could eliminate the bugs all by its lonesome.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell

Unread post by Guest »

I remember reading somewhere in Atlantis a statement which consisted along the lines of Splynncryth having no current interest in Rifts Earth domination. Mind you, Earth is a powerful playground. Splynn may be with a group of his own, but if you get united forces together, they could indeed give the entire Spylnny army one hell of a run. Earth is the place for badasses. A mixing pot of various things. I don't think that the entire planet could be controlled by our dear friend the splugorth, at least certainly not within just a few months. This isn't the movie Red Dawn after all. Earth was unprepared last time. Now..we're locked and loaded.

Being invulnerable and taking on the entire Coalition? *Shakes head* Any GM that even remotely suggests such an idea obviously has no actual understanding of the military strength of the Coalition. Hell, Kevin and his boys actually got it wrong compared to today's armed forces. The Special Forces O.C.C. reflects nothing but a person with an attitude and h2h commando. And they'd still be a deadly threat.

Unread post by Guest »

Ishtirru wrote:You are all wrong! There is one Super Hereo who could destroy the CS! His name is Kevin Siembeda! :lol:

Lol. I don't think Kevin is holding the reigns as much as the players are.
demos606
Hero

Kevin is *not* a Super Hero. Kevin is YHVH as far as Rifts is concerned.
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

With the resources of three entire planets at his disposal, Lord Splynncryth could conquer Rifts Earth but he knows that holding on to it afterwards would be a never ending battle. Consequently, he contents himself with complete domination of one continent and stirring up trouble here and there acorss the rest of the world.

RainOfSteel wrote:

Unread post by Guest »

Ishtirru wrote:
Untill an OLD ONE wakes up and demands Splynny to bow down to it.

10 chinese masters could take down an old one, by the rules.

Unread post by Guest »

Ishtirru wrote:
Res Sin Kai wrote:
Ishtirru wrote:
Untill an OLD ONE wakes up and demands Splynny to bow down to it.

10 chinese masters could take down an old one, by the rules.

Chinese Masters? I don't have the China books.

It would require quite a few masters of Tien-Hsueh, a mystic martial art that deals with pressure points. To get to the point, they would get into range of the old one, and use the ability "Tien-Hsueh Demon Strike" which automatically knocks any supernatural M.D.C. being (An Old One would be a Supernatural Being) or lesser creature of magic to 1D4x10% of its original MDC. So, if you rolled a 1, the Old One would be knocked down to 10% of his M.D.C. Someone else attacks, perhaps rolls a 1, and the Old one is knocked down to 1% of his M.D.C. That's assuming the best possible situation. Of course, you'd need a lot of masters because some are definitely going to be killed. The big thing is that despite being "Touch Mastery" higher level masters can do it at a distance of 400 feet per level, looking at them from a television screen or even if you had the opponent on the phone. I'm not saying that I'd ever do this. Obviously Erick Wujcik wasn't paying attention to what he wrote, because this gives power over every supernatural creature that pose a threat (including Splugorth). I'd never try to do this situation in a game, 1. it's just lame, 2. its a technical error 3. people that try to take advantage of technical errors are lame.

Edit: The power will also pass any armor or MDC barrier.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

is this Mystic China or the RIFTS China books?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Ishtirru wrote:
Wildfire wrote:The CS could have stomped these guys
Just cause you are invunerable does not mean that your can over power PA
You still have to breath so I trip by 4 super sams into the bottom of a river would kill him.
He only has supernatual strength when carring things as the book says therefore he is not able to even damage a CS trooper in in armour without a weapon.

WRONG. SN Strength does MDC damage. He could also have torn off the arms of those PA's.

Invunerability only gives you SN lifting and not for damage so 4 or 5 PSa could esily hold him
Last edited by Wildfire on Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Lord Cherico wrote:
Ishtirru wrote:

a problem.

The cs would do a final strike on Atlantis a no win situation as Atlanitis would no longer be the valuble island as it is due to the massive radiation contamination
Wildfire
Adventurer

No does Atlantis have the barrier/shield that Tolkeen had?
If so it has never been mentioned in any book.
Tolkeen had some very unique magic and magic items that the Fed of magic and Atlantis are looking foor and that Barrier system would seem like one of the items there are looking for.
Besides subs are right of the coast for most final strike threats.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Bu I do agree that if Atlantis did want to take over the world they could but it would be costly and would most likely be uninhabitale for a while.
Most groups would join together even if it it is just a loose alliance against a greater evil. Look at WW@ the allies included Stalin and the USSR.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Wow, now you just keep adding stuff :rolleyes: and FYI the CS can and will feild PSI-BAT at full strength to combat something like that.

As for Toc Rat being inconsistent... HUH he named 2 very specific beings how does that imply more.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Rolling Bear wrote:Sorry just re-read the thing they can get hurt by gases and poisons but take half damage and suffer half the penalties.

And anyway i'm sure they would have some type of armor on.

So the deadboys blast a hole in the armor and then gas them...does the mustard (or whatever nasty nerve gas they have access to) only make the Invulnerable characters half dead...I doubt it :-?

The scinerio is too simplistic... maybe if you had several hundred or a thousand of such characters and they were able to get into the fortress city undetected and were able to exicute a well organized plan this could cripple the CS.... but destroy it completely...not likely even if this was successfull.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Unread post by Guest »

The Galactus Kid wrote:is this Mystic China or the RIFTS China books?

RIFTS China books

Unread post by Guest »

Rolling Bear wrote:What china who's china?

*Suggests Rolling Bear scrolls up to the top of the page and reads my posts about Touch Mastery.*

Unread post by Guest »

Rolling Bear wrote:alright found it

what about an Invunerable super hereo with the touch mastery thing? :shock:

Well, he's considered supernatural isn't he?

If so, his ass is grass in a lawnmower.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Rolling Bear wrote:Alright fair enough.

I don't have War Campaign handy how large is the Psi-Battalion?

It's actually Psi-DIVISION now. Heck its more likely its Psi-Corps now.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:
Rolling Bear wrote:Alright fair enough.

I don't have War Campaign handy how large is the Psi-Battalion?

It's actually Psi-DIVISION now. Heck its more likely its Psi-Corps now.

It is Psi-Division. Psyscape mentions the increase is going to happen.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

UH-OH wheres Bestor?
Wildfire
Adventurer

Okay Rolling bear how do you kill the invunerable char well once the gas takes effect put him in a self contained vacuum and suck the air away as he needs to breath, heack throw all ten in that vacuum

Unread post by Guest »

Rolling Bear wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't know self contained vacuums were standard gear for coalition soldiers.

How would they know what they were dealing with anyway? Its not like once they hit him or her with everything they had and he wasn't scracthed they would think....hey I bet he's invunerable to everything but psionics poison, he needs to breathe and he needs to eat, I know that wouldn't go through my head. Its not like they deal with those guys all the time, personally I would imagine the coalition would assume its some type of new magic and freak out not that they are super hereos with super powers.

Correct. Their line of thinking would be along with 'More bullets' theory. They'd just keep hitting with heavier and heavier weapons until they finally realized that it isn't working. They would however no doubt eventually try the use of psionics.

Unread post by Guest »

And besides, as Erin Tarn wrote, even though the Coalition is evil, without them demons and monsters would rise to the level much like the cataclysm was. They're an evil, but they're a necessary one.

Unread post by Guest »

Rolling Bear wrote:No one has given me a good reason why the CS would win.

The CS usually will strike with every heavy weapon they have, its not like they would figure out all of a sudden that if you put the guy in a vacuum he'd die I doubt thats a normal option. Ok then there are they psychics, yes the CS would use them but how long would it take for them to realize their robots and tech doesn't work? Plus the guy is fighting back. I'm certain he would understand his limits and take the Psychics out as fast as he could, give him a couple heavy weapons or some other superpowers if you wanted to but still he wouldn't really worry about the 20ft tall mech because it wouldn't do anything.

Ok thousands of psychics...

One bio-manipulation that makes it

One dead Invulnerable guy.

In acordance to melee attacks, he'd be a dead man. Hundreds of melee attacks, his 5-8? Humans are extremely resourceful. If they even had a harder time, they might even lose some of their anti-magic feelings and hire out some diabolic magic users. Who knows?

Unread post by Guest »

Zapper - Neurostrike

That's all that's actually needed.

Unread post by Guest »

Rolling Bear wrote:Ok but how long would it take for them to realise they need said Zapper and thats saying he doesn't save

It's not a question of how long it takes. The CS wouldn't hesistate to use the ability on a regular D-Bee or enemy human. It may even be that the Psi-battalion may be first called, because the coalition doesn't want to waste the ammo on him.

Unread post by Guest »

Rolling Bear wrote::x :x :x

I'll be back and my next superhero will dominate the coalition.

:)

That's all

:)
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Ishtirru wrote:
Dead Boy wrote:You have a Super Hero with the HU power of Invulnerability? I have over a million Dog Boys all armed with Nerual Maces and Net Guns... and all I need is just a small few neutralize Mr. Super Hero before zapping him into a coma. After that I'm thinking of dropping him in a pit of drying MDC concrete. Let's see how his invulnerability deals with a lung full of that crud. :twisted:

Neural Maces are too weak to effect someone with Invulnerability. Lightning wouldn't do damage so why would a stun gun stun him.

HU's Invulnerability only eliminates the possability of taking damage (HP/SDC). It only mitigates debilitating attacks, which is the general category the CS Neural Mace falls under. So worst case scenario it's only half as effective as normal. After being wacked up-side the head a few dozen times, Mr. Super Hero won't know the difference.

Too weak my ***... The things were made to take on supernatural monsters and lay them out like the over-rated sissy-girls they are. :)
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]

Unread post by Guest »

The Sovereign wrote:
Rolling Bear wrote:Thats not what I meant.

I don't care anymore it seems as though no one else shares my dream of making a character that would destroy the coalition.

Nope, because it's kinda silly.

And impossible...like the saying goes...

"If it hasn't been done in Rifts, then it shouldn't or cant."
Scyber
D-Bee

Unread post by Scyber »

Rolling Bear wrote:Yeah no one is disputing that the CS has psychics that fight, what I'm saying is when the battle first starts no one is going to think that hey maybe only a zapper or only a burster or a mind melter can hurt this guy. They are going to say well damn shoot him with your gun..wait that didn't work, shoot him with your laser rifle, that didn't work, throw a grenade at him, that didn't work. Maybe once they hit the guy with a long range missle and it does nothing then they will most likely call the Psy Battalions. THe cops don't call the S.W.A.T team for regular traffic stops so why would the coalition send their ringers it from the get go I don't think they would.

Well invulnerability doesn't negate the knock-down rules. So the super powered character won't be taking damage, but he will be knocked on his butt by the multiple volleyes of rail-guns, grenades, & missiles being slung at him. I would think that would give the CS enough time to find something that damaged him.
Gomen_Nagai

Unread post by Gomen_Nagai »

No, Want to know why it would fail? Invulnerable PCs take 1/2 Damage from Particle Beams ( addended in HU Gm's guide and early prints of Villains Unlimited and AU Revised)

there's also poison, Nanoweapons, and psionics still affect invulnerable pcs.

I had an APS Light character with Energy Absorption Pc- she was Totally undefeatable until the CS Psi net Guys sent some mind melters to dominate my PC : )
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

All in all you would think that they would get a clue long before they borrow a GB Battalion to Volly fire boom gun rounds on him that they might want to call up a psi team or hope that the non exitant Vanguard turns up and hits him with a couple of anti mater spells.

granted, Free Quibeck might just be screwed since they dont even like Psionics.
冠双
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

I can't remember where but I'm sure it says that even Thor could not take out the CS single handed.

As to the question of how long it would take for the CS to realise that normal weapons are not hurting the character, well considering that character would have to take out almost the entire army I'm sure they would work it out before the characters had got through 10% of the army. I mean by the time the characters had taken out hundreds of soldiers (which represent a small fraction of the CS army) surely one psychic would have tried a psychic attack?
Or at least tried to pin one down with some giant robots.

I would love for ten characters to be able to take out the CS but it's not really possible in that way. To take down any government takes the combined effort of thousands and it must be a combination of military, intelligence and politics.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".

Unread post by Guest »

Ishtirru wrote:Wildfire

SN PS would tear off those pa arms one at a time and no way the pa pilots would be able togethor fast enough to get 5 of them togethor to pin him all at once. At least the first few trys. Id say it would take around 15 or so untill a succesfull pin. Thats of course if 5 PA's don't get in each others way while doing so which I don't think would work.

:lol:

You can't be remotely serious

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are!

A SN PS action of "tearing" off arms counts as a regular punch damage. You'd get 5-8 attacks per melee action. You can't "defensively tear off a PA's arms". You'd be out of actions before you could even take down half of them. Another thing, they take damage from those neuro-maces, at least half normal. I..just can't believe you think that it would stand up...hahaha

Return to “Rifts®”