Starting a campaign for the first time

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Starting a campaign for the first time

Unread post by Necrite »

And I've got questions. I'm using TMNT. I've got the Adventures book. I have no other TMNT/AtB books. I've run into the following things:

It says (somewhere) that you get two bonus attacks for being a mutant animal. Humans don't seem to get the "Two Attacks For Living". Does this mess with overall balance, or should I allow TAFL across the board?

Can a character ever get more skills by levelling, or is school required? Page number, please? If not, I saw a rule for more skills on p48 of HU2. Does this fit well?

I've probably got more questions. I'll add them later.

*EDIT* More questions:

If I want mutant humans given animal characteristics, like some of the characters in the original show, should I just make a standard mutant animal?

If I want to mutate a human, without adding specific animal traits (remember "Super Shredder" from the first movie?), are there rules anywhere to cover that?
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne
gordyzx9r
Hero

Re: Starting a campaign for the first time

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Necrite wrote:Can a character ever get more skills by levelling, or is school required? Page number, please? If not, I saw a rule for more skills on p48 of HU2. Does this fit well?

In ATB2, no. In the old TMNT, there was a teaching skill which you could use to teach skills to other characters...but that was subjective at best.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Nowhere65
Wanderer

Unread post by Nowhere65 »

Necrite wrote:It says (somewhere) that you get two bonus attacks for being a mutant animal. Humans don't seem to get the "Two Attacks For Living". Does this mess with overall balance, or should I allow TAFL across the board?

I would go with TAFL across the board.

Necrite wrote:Can a character ever get more skills by levelling, or is school required? Page number, please? If not, I saw a rule for more skills on p48 of HU2. Does this fit well?

For learning new skills, I'd use Rali's system,

http://home.rconnect.com/~mlchrist/atb_learning.html

It doesn't make sence to not learn new skills over time. Even if they are just on the job training with a fellow adventurer.

Necrite wrote:If I want mutant humans given animal characteristics, like some of the characters in the original show, should I just make a standard mutant animal?

You could do that and have their background state that they were human, or start them as human and make them trade in size, stance, speech, etc. in order to get points for the animal abilites. The ATB2 book has a section on human mutants.

Necrite wrote:If I want to mutate a human, without adding specific animal traits (remember "Super Shredder" from the first movie?), are there rules anywhere to cover that?

yep, HU2. Emperor Christan of the EOH is a muntant human per HU2 rules with APS: Stone.

And always don't forget, you are the GM!!!!!!
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Nowhere65 wrote:And always don't forget, you are the GM!!!!!!

Too often, people forget that.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Necrite
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Necrite »

I like to keep the rules consistent for both players and GM. Therefore I prefer not to "make stuff up" - at least, not on the fly. Thanks for the pointers.
"I have to applaud you for doing all that math :D" - Nekira Sudacne

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”