re to real tactics - Killing Zone

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gamesman6

re to real tactics - Killing Zone

Unread post by Gamesman6 »

Relating to the thread on real tactics,
Just stared reading this book, subtitled as - A Professionals Guide to preparing or preventing Ambushes.

Written by Gary Stubblefield and Mark Monday. The former a ex Navy SEAL who served in Viet Nam, went on to command SEAL Team 3 and who now runs an international security management firm.

Well worth reading if you want to make use of ambushes in your games and has some good sources for scenarios as it also contains over 40 break downs of real ambushes.

Jonathan
Gamesman6

Unread post by Gamesman6 »

He doesn't really go in to what you actually do but gives principles etc. He also aims it at what he call 'executive ambushes' as he is thinking about civies and who they should avoid getting caught out.
As was said nothing that you couldn't get somewhere else but all in one book and the break down of the actuall ambushes is good.

JW
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Ronin
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, I would have needed a quote from it or something for the geek points.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”