What Demons fit the 7 Deadly sins?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What Demons fit the 7 Deadly sins?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me What Demons do you think fit one of the 7 deadly sins?

Gluttony:
Wrath:
Sloth:
Greed:
Envy:
Pride:

Lust:

Unread post by Guest »

Lust: Dar'Ota obviously
Gluttony: Dimensional Ghoul is pretty good
Envy: Haunting Entity
Greed: maybe gremlins...maybe a siphon entity
Wrath: Dybbuk
Pride: Possessing Entity
Sloth: Bogey man

I don't have another book with monsters, so my choices are a little limited
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: What Demons fit the 7 Deadly sins?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Gluttony: Magot (CB1, p. 214), because they have big mouths. Or a vampire. Or Abrasax the Insatiable...

Wrath: Well, any tough angry demon. On the other hand, watch The Grudge and make an Entity of some sort...

Sloth: Nightmare (CB1, p. 211). They typically wait until the victim is asleep, then they paralyze them and move in for the kill/torment.

Greed: Dragon. They like to hoard things. Or a possessing entity who has taken over a large money pile.

Envy: Possessing Entity, maybe... because they "envy" people for having bodies... or a Goqua (CB1, p. 184) because they are the Rodney Dangerfields of the demon crowd.

Pride: Sowki (CB1, p. 189, because "A sowki has no limit to its arrogance, and that is usually its downfall."

Lust: Dar'ota, for all the obvious reasons
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I'm going to just use BTS (1st ed)

Gluttony: Nacarant, those boys can eat!
Wrath: I think nothing can be so single mindedly angry as an Elemental
Sloth: this one is the toughest to decide for me, i was thinking about a supernatural intelligence, because they just wait until a human calls on them before they do anything. Tokolosh, also don't seem to be up to too much. but i think i'll settle on the Grave Ghoul. All they do is hang around magic-rich grave yards, occasionally eating dead humans. What do they do if you disturb them? That's right, "hiss and growl menacingly". If that doesn't work, they go away. Yeah, ghouls win.
Greed: Spider Demons (death weavers) Quote: "they hoard...knowledge, books, artifacts and paraphernalia ...and will fight to the death to keep it."
Envy: Goqua Here's why: "Most [other demigods and super intelligences] treat the goqua as an inferior being. An attitude that irks [them] no end..." I think you get the general idea. They are looked down on by other powerful beings and go to the most elaborate lengths to show how smart and cool they are. I also have the personal feeling that they are somehow jealous of humans, and wish they could be more like them...
Pride: Sowki. Quote: "A Sowki has no limit to its arrogance and that is usually its downfall".
Lust: Have to go with Dar'Ota, i guess.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”