Paired Modern weapons

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wildfire
Adventurer

Paired Modern weapons

Unread post by Wildfire »

I have a player who wants to bring over paired modern weapons from Rifts.

Anyone do this yet? I was thinking of making it availible to non-mecha based combat personnel, with the exception going to Zents and cylone riders. And requiring that they have sharpshooting first.
any feed back or ideas are useful.
Thanks
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Before New West was printed, My old GM allowed persons with the skill to preform Double strikes... it was also another Reason he'd add double weapons on mecha... an Ajax with 3 pulse pistols... Robotech generally covers this when dealing with mecha, allowing Double burst from certian weapon sytems on certian Designs.. out of the cockpit its another story.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

I like the idea, since it'd allow Cyclone Riders to use dual EP-40s, which would be a good thing. Are you thinking of just porting over the Rifts: New West rules or making up your own?

I asked about this a while back and didn't get many responses, with most of those that did recommending the New West rules.
Wildfire
Adventurer

Lt. Holmes wrote:I like the idea, since it'd allow Cyclone Riders to use dual EP-40s, which would be a good thing. Are you thinking of just porting over the Rifts: New West rules or making up your own?

I asked about this a while back and didn't get many responses, with most of those that did recommending the New West rules.

I was thinking of using the Rifts rules but since paired modern weapons is only given to a limited amount of OCCs, I was thinking of aking it cost two skills after the player takes Sharpshooting so it is like 5 skills to start
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Wildfire wrote:
Lt. Holmes wrote:I like the idea, since it'd allow Cyclone Riders to use dual EP-40s, which would be a good thing. Are you thinking of just porting over the Rifts: New West rules or making up your own?

I was thinking of using the Rifts rules but since paired modern weapons is only given to a limited amount of OCCs, I was thinking of aking it cost two skills after the player takes Sharpshooting so it is like 5 skills to start

Five skills may be a bit much, but I think you're on the right track.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Wildfire
Adventurer

The five skills would include the WP, Sharpsooting and WP paired weapons (pistol or rifle)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

all the OCC's in Rifts that can take it, like the Gambler and a few Headhunter variants, need 2 Other skills to get it.

I say use that.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Wildfire
Adventurer

I am also humming an hawing over letting the Paired weapons apply tomecha if their using one handed weapons such as the Guxx or the E-20 (the logan Pistol), am I mistaken or did an Ajacs do this in a space combat sequence? no the only this I am curious would you guys allow the player to train a double burst on the target if he was in vehicle mode?
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Personally, I don't think vehicle mounted weapons, includign the gun pods, are covered by the WPs. Instead they are in the Weapon Systems skill.

If you want to use two gunpods at once you simply have to make sure your fire conrol computer knows they are there - a weapons systems roll should take care of that.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Wildfire wrote:The five skills would include the WP, Sharpsooting and WP paired weapons (pistol or rifle)

Eh... Okay I can see that.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln

Unread post by Guest »

I've been wondering about this too for my BTS2 game, I just decided that you take W.P. Paired Weapons: Pistols for it.

I might make it cost 2 skills though...to balance things out.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”