BTS 2 House rules

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

BTS 2 House rules

Unread post by dark brandon »

Yeah, already!

Anyways, I love how the entire system is. It's pretty much awesome and awesome setting and background.

The only thing I would have suggested/changed is that every level, every character gets an additional 1D6 PPE to burn, since people continue to grow. This would allow them to increase stats and also saves vs horror factor or vs magic.

whatcha think?
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

1D6, no. 1D4 is a maybe.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Initially I would be hesitant to do this, because I am not a fan of rapidly increasing stats through advancement. As it is in level advancement, your skills increase, the psionics (if you have them) increase, as do any spells you might have, and you have access to more skills at select levels, so things to increase some of your stats are already available.
On second looking, I suppose with some restrictions, this could work out okay, as long as it wasn't used to make BtS characters overly powerful.
One complaint from other threads is that the save vs. magic isn't too difficult to begin with, and it isn't hard to get a high PE to get a better save bonus. Another thought would be, why would you want to make it easier to save vs. Horror factor anyway?
Maybe the bonus d6 you propose doesn't need to be at every level of advancement. Or perhaps only for select OCCs/PCCs.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
dark brandon
Knight

Therumancer wrote:I think Palladium was going for a lower power level than say "Nightbane" and wanted to keep the characters fairly human, despite their powers. I think that some characters like Naturals could use some extra PPE-per-level to spend so they have something to look forward to (like psychics look forward to their new powers) but I think I can understand their design logic which is fairly consistant throughout the book.

The only thing that kind of annoyed me was the fact that it's pretty much the end of the road for one of my long-time BTS characters. I had a Psi-Mechanic who had a rather amusing item, a clairvoyant TV that showed possible future events (with the PCs and the possible outcome of their adventures existing as a TV show of sorts). Alas Psi-Mechanics apparently can't take this power anymore.

My Electrokinetic "works with everything" remote control is still viable though. It was kind of fun to aim it at electrical devices (of any kind) use 'control electrical devices' and basically control anything. :P

At any rate I've generated a character more or less totally by random. I will be posting as that character on the Lazlo site should I ever get my application accepted. It will probably be transparent as to who I am, but I won't be posting as "Therumancer" at least for a while. :P

If there was going to be a "Therumancer" posting there he'd have to be an Arcanist.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Do you really think that(my House rule) would make them Overpowered to a Nightbane level?

Perhaps I should limit it. Stats can't be raised more than say 3.

What I am looking for (Beyond the increase in psionics, since I'm takin in the idea for really Ordinary humans but would still apply it to psionics) is a human who, for example has been hunting supernatural creatures for years, (A level 8 Human) and thusly has accumulated a + to save vs. horror factor beyond that which he started with at 1st level. Basically to define or more readily define a battle hardened veterain vs a fress to the club noobie (c:
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight

Therumancer wrote:Well ordinary people are supposed to be normal. I think the idea is that if he was to become that 'used' to fighting the Supernatural he'd no longer be an ordinary person.

Arguably giving them that much of a stat boost would quickly turn them into something on part with a 'Natural'. Maybe even better because he wouldn't be focused in one area (mental of physical).

I do not think your house rule would make PCs as powerful as most Nightbane PCs, but they would still be more powerful than BTS2 was designed for.

Being 'too much' does not nessicarly mean I'm saying it will be like Nightbane just because I think most stuff from Nightbane would be 'too much' also.

>>>----Therumancer--->

An example: A new camra man following psychic Peter James would probably be more easily startled than say someone who's been following him around for a few years. Both would be normal people, but one would be use to odd occurances as opposed to someone who's just starting in the field.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”