Can you top this?

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Drakenred®™©
Champion

Can you top this?

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

this has got to be one of the stupidest designes for a weapon I have ever seen

http://www.world.guns.ru/smg/smg59-e.htm

Yes you push a button to charge it

unfortunatly that button is right on top and at the buisness end of the gunbarrel,

And thats not the realy dumb thing about it!

this is

To disassemble the PP-90M1, one must screw out the long disassembly screw, located above the magazine. This requires no tools, but can take about 20-30 seconds. When screw is gone, you then can took the barrel, bolt and return spring out of the gun by pulling it forward.

why the heck they did not just rip off the Calico is beyond me.

I suspect Russias criteria for selling this gun is

1) Contries that Russia dosent like

2) and are dumb enough to actualy buy the gun
冠双
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Basically this weapon is an attempt at a lgither, handier high-cap weapon than the Bizon (which has the same mag but 75% comonality of parts with an AK).

I suppose it is a nice light weapon . . . but I don't think I'd want to have to rooster it in a hurry . . . or after I'd fired any rounds from it int he last 5 minutes.

Hey, everybody gets to do a few bonehead moves once and a while.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

The Chauchat machine gun was used by France (also sold to the U.S.) during WWI. I had one major problem the magazine sides were open so it was very easy to get debris in the mechanism and only held 20 rounds.

Chauchat

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

Shawn Merrow wrote:The Chauchat machine gun was used by France (also sold to the U.S.) during WWI. I had one major problem the magazine sides were open so it was very easy to get debris in the mechanism and only held 20 rounds.

Chauchat

Except the Owens (From Australia, I may have the name off) sub machine gun could fire a clip if the clip (and the entire gun for that mater) was imersed in mud befor fireing without a hickup.
for that matter it did not take mutch to get dirt into the mechanisms of a lot of belt fed machine guns due to the way they were made, and the Chauchat had other problems besides the fact that it was intolerant of dirt(like the fact that the guns were soo poorly made that you could not swap parts out of two consecutive guns to build a third)
冠双
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yeah, being unable to reliably get spare parts is always a problem.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”