How would you rank the main characters of Robotech...

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: How would you rank the main characters of Robotech...

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Zerebus wrote:...in terms of skill, where
1 = Scenery mecha pilot who knows neither how to dodge nor how to shoot straight
9 = Max Sterling
10 = a mecha piloting god.

You may demote Max if you see fit.
Different characters may possess the same number.

ummm, if Max isn't a Mecha Piloting God, who is?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

Well, once you've defined Max, the rest become rather academic.

If Max=9 then Myria=8 (Max beats Myria). If Myria=8 then Roy=7 (Myria beats Roy). Roy is better then Rick but Rick is better then most other pilots we see. Rick=6. Khyron and Breetai both beat Rick, but neither could beat Myria. Rick=6, Myria=8 Breetai and Khyron=7.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

hmmm. Minmei would be 2. Dumb luck would make her better than the average trained pilot in robotech (sadly)

"butch" minmei would be a 6.5 :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Zerebus wrote:...in terms of skill, where
1 = Scenery mecha pilot who knows neither how to dodge nor how to shoot straight
9 = Max Sterling
10 = a mecha piloting god.

You may demote Max if you see fit.
Different characters may possess the same number.

Dana: 9, Shes Solid in the cockpit, and is equal if not better then her father. Leadership skills are a plus, and is assigned the toughest Missions in the series... The Masters was is alos the Shortest in Series, less then a year and a half, She has alot less time to show how awesome she is.
Zor Prime: 10, Genetic engenering anyone? Programed to be the ultimate killer. hiw First defeat come from Freindly Fire.
Bowie: 5, eh, better then most, but I'd rather not have him in the cockpit.. he's like a Named Red Shirt... he should Die, but you found out his last name.
Sean: 7, got more mouth then Skill, but isnt to bad in a fire fight... better then bowie at least.
Marie Crystal: 8-9, I'd say she the Wedge antilies of Robotech... sure shes not in all 3 eras, but she is a Strong Secondary Character..... and the only Real Fly boy in the Series.
Rolf Emmerson: 4, hes not as good as bowie... and he Died... only after admiting he was wrong... Really should be a 1 in terms of Stupidity... but he did Kill alotta Stuff.

Scott Bernard: 8, He's THE ace of the new Gen, 66 Confirmed(on screen) Mecha kills, 2 of them RCBs... nuff said.
Rand:7.... 53 confirmed on-screen kills... and he learned to Pilot a mech in the series... yeah, this kids pure gold... even thou 14 of the kills were form the Synchrotron Canon.
Lancer: 5, Sadly hes not much better then Bowie... 16 Kills... Crossdressing and he Sings minmay songs... yeah, i'd rather have Bowie...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Solid in the cockpit

*snicker*
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:Solid in the cockpit

*snicker*

and Wia the Miricals of Robotech-nology a pilot can stay Solid in the Cockpit well on til their 50's.... if you use the early return timeline to account for the old-vets in invid invasion....
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Colonel Wolfe wrote: Bowie: 5, eh, better then most, but I'd rather not have him in the cockpit.. he's like a Named Red Shirt... he should Die, but you found out his last name.

In his Spartas, yea, he's not that good. However, I will say that he got the drop on 2 Bioroid Terminators and killed one with a blast from his PR-20 while dodging a point-blank shot from a blaster that killed the other Terminator.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Dairugger XV wrote: Wolfe: ?, Sorry dude, but you just weren't in the series that long.

Colonel Jonathan Wolff(Wolfe)

DATA
Colonel Wolff shot down 5 Invid mecha (on screen in the episode “Eulogy“):
2 utilizing the Alpha’s EP-13 cannon (expending an estimated 2 bursts at these targets)
2 in a pair of melee attack with Alpha‘s legs in Battloid mode
1 utilizing the Alpha’s Hammerhead missiles (expending one salvo of 16 missiles at these targets)

Wolff’s kills breakdown:
3 Shock Troopers (3 Alpha) (2 melee, 1 EP-13)
2 Armored Scouts (2 Alpha) (1 Hammerhead, 1 EP-13)

now the Quality aint Great, but he shoudl get kudos for saving that worthless piece of crap Scott...

Notes: I take on screen kill counts with a pill of salt for two main reasons. One, main characters tend to get more screen time than secondary characters. Two, I have this belief that the quality of your opponent should have an impact on how your skill level is viewed (taking down a Bioroid is certainly harder than taking down Invid Scouts and Troopers).

The Royal Command Battilod and the FPA are the 2 best Enemy mecha in the Series, Scott Takes out 2 (one red shirt pilot, and Corg). While the whole Time no one can take out Khyron or Miryia, who would be the enemy Aces for the macross era.

Lancer: 2, I have difficulty remembering him fighting at all

his onyl Defense... He's more Ammo concious then the entire team... and he Killed 2 RCB's as well...
Novastar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." ~ Heinlein

Unread post by Novastar »

Hmmm, let's see...
Max Sterling: 9; cause he's just one step down from a Protoculture Gawd (that's my character! :wink: )
Miriya: 8; since Max was able to best her
Roy Fokker: 8; he was the best, but sometimes, even the "best's" number comes up...
Rick Hunter: 6 to start, 8 by the end; Rick does get better as the series goes on, and he avoids getting shot down so often after he becomes Skull Leader.
Ben Dixon: 2; C'mon! If it weren't for Rick and Max, he'd of been dead
long ago...
Khyron: 7; Damn good, but just doesn't get any better (or more sane)...
Breetai: 9; he managed to trash Vermillion squadron even out of armor! And later he destroys a Zent fleet that outnumbers him 5 to 1 (with a little help from the SDF-1...). And yet later, he manages to destroy the Regent.
Minmei: 1; she exists for the sole reason of rescuing in a combat zone.

Scott: 7; he's good, but who isn't with that many missiles?
Rand: 6; impressive for someone who's not a military man. Rand consistently pulls his weight.
Rook: 5; she'd pull up to a 6 or 7, if she didn't hoard ammo. Good for a freedom fighter, not so great for a fighter pilot.
Lunk: 3; he's not a fighter, but he still has his moments.
Lancer: 6; he wins against a RCB. That takes skill (even if the pilot is a Red Shirt).
Annie: 1; see Minmei
Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
I would hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the true-born king of England. ~ Mark Hall
Novastar only speaks the truth. ~ Brandon Aten, aka The Galactus Kid
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Novastar wrote: Breetai: 9; he managed to trash Vermillion squadron even out of armor! And later he destroys a Zent fleet that outnumbers him 5 to 1 (with a little help from the SDF-1...). And yet later, he manages to destroy the Regent.

iirc,"I'm built tougher then you are.." after he was tssed in to hard vacume... and walked to an airlock...
The Grand Canon did a "Little" to help that numbers out... it took about a Million out by its self... and the other 999,999 ships loyal to Breetia helped out...
As for killing Regent, it depends on the Battle reports you read... Admril hunters own personls records say the Regent was Killed by TR Edwards, right before Rick's ruthless Murdered of Edwards...

Annie: 1; see Minmei

Annie did try to help the team out... her Snow ball assult was more affective then Minmay's singing :-P :-P
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

After Re-reading the Ben Dixon entry in RDf Manuel... his a Better Pilot then both rick and Roy.... W/ his PP of 22 he's as Quick as Max.. had he only lived thorugh the series... Skull Squadron might have had Mr. Dixon as its Ace pilot.

Ben Dixon: 9- Talent Equal to Max, and no Blue hair... so What if he Died... He didnt fall inlove with anyone and make me Waste 23minutes of my life watching a wedding episode.. or listening to him comlaing about Kissing cousins....
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zerebus wrote:Physical Prowess doesn't cure Stupid. :p

Stupid? an IQ of 10 is Average... hardly Stupid. the RPG over stated both Ricks and Minmays IQ... both hover around 8, with Rick droping as low as 4 when it involves Kissin cousins.. or deciding who to date... or When deciding its a good idea to Kill the entire Earth off after spending 15 years saving the Alien planets form the same threat as there was on earth...
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

You know Wolfe, I'm starting to get the idea you don't like Rick Hunter.

Of course I could be wrong about that.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Jefffar wrote:You know Wolfe, I'm starting to get the idea you don't like Rick Hunter.

Of course I could be wrong about that.

not like Rick? no, no no... I hate Rick Hunter... along with 90% of the Cast of the Macross era. Khyron was the only one from macross with any redeamable Qualities... and maybe Dolza.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”