Cryptozoology and my Rifter artical.

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Cryptozoology and my Rifter artical.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

This covers the skill Cryptozoology with a very good discription...Yeti, bigfoot, goatsucker, ETs, etc are life forms...I feel it is important to differentiate between monsters of the supernatural realm and "actual living beings". Thus, cryptozoology is what my Rifter artical is about and SOME of the beings that are covered under it. I've been working on this artical for a fairly long time. I've put a lot of work into it! So, please let me know your thought on the subject. And I also wrote a letter for some ideas to Kevin for an newspaper and adventure sup.

Thank you ahead of time,

Paul.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:There is some interesting stuff about Camazotz and the Chupacabra on a web site ... I'll see if I can find it for ya... it was down right scary to think that there still might be some of those Ice Age era giant vampire bats living somewhere...

There are giant vampire bats in India. That seen in I.J. and the Temple of Doom with the giant bats was quite real.

Thank you, I'd much apprisiate that. I have stuff already, but any other info would be most liked.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:
Geronimo 2.0 wrote:There is some interesting stuff about Camazotz and the Chupacabra on a web site ... I'll see if I can find it for ya... it was down right scary to think that there still might be some of those Ice Age era giant vampire bats living somewhere...

There are giant vampire bats in India. That seen in I.J. and the Temple of Doom with the giant bats was quite real.

Thank you, I'd much apprisiate that. I have stuff already, but any other info would be most liked.

Dude, those were fox bats... they eat insects and fruit.

Well, I knew that they were real bats at least. Wasn't sure about the vampyric part though.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Cryptozoology is a good site to look at.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
pblackcrow
Champion

Unkledak wrote:As for other cryptids game stats I like the Rifts Canada world book. It has the Sasquatch, Cadborosaurus (sea serpents), Ogopogo (a lake monster much like the one in lock Ness) plus a number of Indian demons, including the Windigo a great little bedtime story that if you follow the traditional telling involves Cannibalism and demonic possession. All in all it’s worth picking up.

Got it, thank you though. And thank you Shawn, but I have the site marked already.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Unkledak wrote:Talking about lost or hidden animals. Scientist recently found a species of giant chimp that is described as be fierce enough to kill lions. Am I the only one to be thinking of Tarzans "great apes"?

No, you are not.

As for other cryptids game stats I like the Rifts Canada world book. It has the Sasquatch, Cadborosaurus (sea serpents), Ogopogo (a lake monster much like the one in lock Ness) plus a number of Indian demons, including the Windigo a great little bedtime story that if you follow the traditional telling involves Cannibalism and demonic possession. All in all it’s worth picking up.

I hadn't really noticed before now, how much better a supplement book Rifts:Canada is to BtS than it is to Rifts.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
pblackcrow
Champion

A bit of the artical.

The skill:
Cryptozoology: is the study of hidden animals (whether large or small), to date not formally recognized by what is often termed Western science or formal zoology but supported in some way by testimony (in its broadest definition) from a human beings. It is not an exact science as much of it goes beyond scientific explanation and more into the meta-sciences. The term 'cryptozoology' derives from the Greek work 'kryptos' meaning 'hidden,' 'unknown,' 'secret,' 'enigmatic,' 'mysterious'; hence literally the 'study of hidden life'.

The Goatsucker (AKA: El Chupacabra):
What is known about the Goatsuckers: they has been sighted in from as far north as Florida and Texas to as far south as Argentina, as far east as the Canary Islands to as far west as Easter Island. There is one think for certain...They will seek year round warm places to live. They do not like the cold. Stories about them say that they have little to no body hair. However, have 2 rows of quill like spikes on their spine that they can raise or lower and does so when scared or confronted. They can stand on 2 legs and jump great distances. They have sharp claws and teeth, but are short skinny arms. They have big black eyes, a gray to brown complection, and some what favor the gray aliens in facial feathers. Primary diet: goats, pigs, chicken, and other small animals. To date there has only been 1 reported attack on human, but it was later changed to child abuse when the mother caught the father stabbing their son with a pencil.

Some feedback would be nice.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

That was just a taiste. And I am submitting it...NO PCs, NPC! Sorry!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

There is no rule saying if a Rifter idea appears on the boards that it can't be submitted. Just submit it. All we're looking for is something interesting and well written.

Alex M

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”