Where is your Cardania?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kalinda
Champion

Where is your Cardania?

Unread post by Kalinda »

The book is intentionally vague about the location of Cardania and the Empire of Humanity. No doubt so GMs have more freedom in setting up their games. So my question is: where do you place the major players in your game?
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

See now, it never occurred to me that pb would have a map of the relevant area and choose to not put it in the book.
No offence to anyone involved in the production end, but I just can't think that stupid. :x

Thanks acreRake. :)
Last edited by Kalinda on Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
60 DaDa points.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

That's acreRake. Get it right. :crane:
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Oops :oops: :lol:

Noted and corrected. :-P
60 DaDa points.
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

I think the main reason they did not print the map, was so that GM's could create the setting the way they wanted to. That and the map was way outta wack on scale and locations when compared to any modern maps of the region (but hey, it is a fantasy setting).
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Angryjack wrote:they just forgot to include it ... it's located in modern day Virginia. which is totally ironic, cause virgina is a religious bigoted hellhole now...
I guess it was author's bias...
personally I think New Kennel doesnt' really belong in new jersey, too much of a mutant buffe zone.

ummm no. seems like you never been there. but virginia has the largest military presense on the east coast.
so it would make sense for cardania to be there it would give them the tech to survive
but then agian i hail from the coast of virginia
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

Angryjack wrote:Cardania's military might is nowhere that of the empire of humanity, yet the empire of humanity has all the major high tech and cardania has all the high tech of a .. Cuban military prison

I wouldn't put Cardania that far down, they're supposed to be at a '50s level of tech. The EoH isn't all that when you compare their numbers and tech to the general descriptions that are in AtB2 in regards to European powers.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Sentinel
Palladin

Unread post by Sentinel »

Warmaster40k wrote:
Angryjack wrote:they just forgot to include it ... it's located in modern day Virginia. which is totally ironic, cause virgina is a religious bigoted hellhole now...
I guess it was author's bias...
personally I think New Kennel doesnt' really belong in new jersey, too much of a mutant buffe zone.

ummm no. seems like you never been there. but virginia has the largest military presense on the east coast.
so it would make sense for cardania to be there it would give them the tech to survive
but then agian i hail from the coast of virginia

Amen. Damn Yankees, dissing our Southern home. Virginia Rocks!
Between Norfolk Naval, and the Pentagon up here, and all the defense contractors in between, you got a whole lot of military presence. Plus, hot VA women.
when you get right down to it, Sentinel's right.~Uncle Servo.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha
Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

Rali wrote:I think the main reason they did not print the map, was so that GM's could create the setting the way they wanted to. That and the map was way outta wack on scale and locations when compared to any modern maps of the region (but hey, it is a fantasy setting).

The map was printed in after the bomb... the 80's version, it's the first page
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Clicking on the link provided by acreRake makes it also available.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Agent_gir wrote:
Rali wrote:I think the main reason they did not print the map, was so that GM's could create the setting the way they wanted to. That and the map was way outta wack on scale and locations when compared to any modern maps of the region (but hey, it is a fantasy setting).

The map was printed in after the bomb... the 80's version, it's the first page

The TMNT version, right?
:fool:
gordyzx9r
Hero

The only thing I don't like about Cardania...is the name of the capital. Smoketown!?! I'd throw a coup just because of the city's name if I had to live there.
Jesterzzn
Champion

gordyzx9r wrote:The only thing I don't like about Cardania...is the name of the capital. Smoketown!?! I'd throw a coup just because of the city's name if I had to live there.

If you did you would probably be.......smoked. :lol:

Unread post by Guest »

Nope, they forget to include it. That's why it was posted on the Cutting Room Floor (after I had to nag Maryann about it for a month or so).

The real question should be, "Where in the hell in Cardania is the capital, Smoketown?"
Jesterzzn
Champion

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:

Nope, they forget to include it. That's why it was posted on the Cutting Room Floor (after I had to nag Maryann about it for a month or so).

The real question should be, "Where in the hell in Cardania is the capital, Smoketown?"

It's a riddle worthy of the Simpson's Springfield.

Unread post by Guest »

Jesterzzn wrote:It's a riddle worthy of the Simpson's Springfield.

Not really, everyone knows that it's near Shellbyville. :lol:
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:

Smoke town was built on/in/near the ruins of Richmond, Virginia. I made a map of Cardania with 8 counties for a game. The city is located in Richmond County (the maroon coloured rectangle)

[Here's Another Map]

"Smoketown" was actually the nickname of Richmond due to the Tobacoo industry located there (I found that little bit of trivia a few years ago when I was putting together some research, unfortunately I can't remember where I found it.)
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
gordyzx9r
Hero

I thought it was written somewhere (maybe posted by Erick) that Smoketown was indeed located on the ruins of Richmond.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”