Recommendations For War Mounts/ Beasts of Burden...

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mike Taylor

Recommendations For War Mounts/ Beasts of Burden...

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

... from other Palladium role-playing games.

I'm posting a couple of them here just to get the ball rolling. You are encouraged to add your own, but remember that obviously magical creatures are not allowed.

1. Baltosaur (PFRPG: Land of the Damned II, p.p. 73)-- A beast of burden and troop transport. If times are tough, one beast can be slaughtered to feed a small army.

2. Beast of Kathos (PFRPG: Land of the Damned II, p.p. 75)-- An armored cargo carrier and troop transport. Aggressive with fiery breath and gaze attacks. These last two powers can be mimicked by Splicers Host Armor weapons.
slappy
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by slappy »

I started this thread already. If you want to see more, check this out.

viewtopic.php?t=31608&start=0
Mike Taylor

Already been there (remember the Gray Thunder link? :)). This is a little different. All I'm interested in is getting people to post the name, book, and page number of existing Palladium creatures that they think would be suitable for the Splicers setting.
Mike Taylor

That's a pretty impressive list, but some of them don't really fit in, given that they are creatures of magic, something Carmen has specifically excluded from the game setting.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

whats that Panther-like critter in the New/Spirit West book, it also got revisited in Dino-Swamp too
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Mike Taylor

TechnoGothic wrote:whats that Panther-like critter in the New/Spirit West book, it also got revisited in Dino-Swamp too

Panthera-Tereon (New West) and Panthera-Thrinax (Dinosaur Swamp)

Panthera-Thrinax can be trained and domesticated. It wouldn't be surprising if the Retro-Villages had a couple that were allowed by the Machine as pets and work animals.
Mike Taylor

Beast-Guyver wrote:magic critters can show up they just lose like 95% of thier power whish is why i didnt bother puting inteligent magic critters in as they would leave asap. but you wanted a list of critters and thats what i gave, i'll check out my rifters later to see if thay have any animals. . i remember there being a couple but right now my brain hurts.

The thing is, it's a question as to whether or not the creatures really fit the mood and feel of the setting. The Kryygorth Shellback, Giant Canyon Worms, and the Mammoth Brontodon all look like they could have been released by Gaia from the cryozoos. To me, pegasi, griffins, unicorns, and the like really don't belong.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

ohhh those Kregore Hounds from Phase world wound be perfect.
Thick scaled armored dog/cat-like creatures running around as guard animals.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “Splicers®”