TMNT Fox Box DVDs

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gordyzx9r
Hero

TMNT Fox Box DVDs

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

So there I am in the store, and I see these TMNT DVDs and decide to pick up TMNT Turtles in Space. Are these the newer, non-pansy style cartoons? And what about the boxed set that they offer inside? Worth it? I just popped it in, I guess I'll see.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

ash_wednesday wrote:How did it go? Was it worth it?

I never did get the box set, however I have bought about 8 or nine of the DVDs...they're not bad at all, alot better than I thought they would be. There isn't much in the way of commercialized catch phrases and so forth.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

gordyzx9r wrote:

I never did get the box set, however I have bought about 8 or nine of the DVDs...they're not bad at all, alot better than I thought they would be. There isn't much in the way of commercialized catch phrases and so forth.

Plus they have a continuos story and are not bite sized campy one shots.
:fool:
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

gordyzx9r wrote:

They actually make fun of the old series a couple of times, including one episode where Michelangelo swings across a big pit letting out this Tarzan like yell. Leonardo looks at him, and he goes, "What, would you rather have me cry out Cowabunga?"

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
gordyzx9r wrote:

They actually make fun of the old series a couple of times, including one episode where Michelangelo swings across a big pit letting out this Tarzan like yell. Leonardo looks at him, and he goes, "What, would you rather have me cry out Cowabunga?"

Daniel Stoker
:) I missed that.
:fool:

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”