Aging stats

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Aging stats

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

Would the rules on aging in the PF book be usable in HU? Or because of modern medicine and training equipment would only apply it to a midevil setting. I'm asking this because I'm creating an NPC that was a former super hero but has gotten on in years and I want his stats to refect his age. I know they had references to modern athletes to compare and relate to but I wonder if the stats reductions were designed for PF only since none of the other books make reference to aging penalties
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question
Snowtiger
Adventurer

Unread post by Snowtiger »

I think they can be used in HU, unless there are differences in how the attributes are handled. You can use them as they are if you like them or create your own little optional rule based on the system in PFRPG.

Id say that they are atleast a step in the right direction if not just what you are looking for.
"Gonna be sore in the mornin'."
- Hellboy, right after the boss fight scene, after getting up again.

"Never tempt the predator into a bloodlust."
- Snowtiger
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

I've used them as is... for heroes and villains, who (in my world at least) tend to get the crap pounded out of them on a regular, if not nightly basis.

Some powers, mutations, and side effects counter/alter aging problems (yet another perk of having clock manipulation), and Aliens can go either way as far as getting run down faster or slower than humans.

Of course everything is done on an individual basis, if i want some guy to just be a wickedcool fogey, he can be. Or if some hero has gone through more than he should have his knees (or mind) might start to go early...
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

Thank you for your replies
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”