What powers can I use in The Golden age? (1939 to 1950)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

What super powers can I use in the Golden Age? (1939 to 1950)

What number of Super-heroes and villains I can use in the same time?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

wait a friken second.

all of them, why would it be any different then? :-?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Well for Me.

All games set in Golden Age must have under 100 Heroes.

Me I only use 50.

The Villains must always OUTNUMBER the Heroes,I use 150 to 200 bad guys.
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

You could either use all of them or go by a generational increase in powers.

By this I mean if the first generation of heroes appear during WWII then they might only have 1 major or 2 minor powers each.
Then perhaps their children are born with 1 major and minor or 3 minor. And then their children with additional abilities and so on, with the amount they can have peaking with the current rules.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Jaegermeister wrote:The first Human Torch (a robot with APS: Fire) that fought with Captain America and Namor came out in the Summer of 41. Technically, the "Golden Age" ended with the war in '45. Also, Plastic Man came out in '41.

Do you know what happened to his sidekick Toro?(He was a boy with APS:fire as well) It still bugs me that he never became the 2nd Human Torch, did he know the his mentor was a robot?
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Jaegermeister wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:wait a friken second.

It seems you miss the "Golden Age" part. There is a difference between a "Golden Age" setting and a setting that takes place between 1939 and 1950.

not really. any powers. there is no "appropriate" or "not appropriate"

if your going to allow ANY superpower, might as well allow ALL
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Jaegermeister wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:wait a friken second.

It seems you miss the "Golden Age" part. There is a difference between a "Golden Age" setting and a setting that takes place between 1939 and 1950.

not really. any powers. there is no "appropriate" or "not appropriate"

if your going to allow ANY superpower, might as well allow ALL

not if you're trying to capture a theme. IN the old days, superheroes were more primitive. It's like the tech for aliens.
Now logically, aliens that land on Earth could have the same level of tech if they land in the 1940's or 2000's. However, playing a pulp or golden age game will mean that your aliens have simpler, more innocent tech.
Laser guns and "death rays", flying saucers, giant computers with big flashing plastic buttons. Maybe a Gort style robot. And of course they'd have clear helmets with a single antenna on top :)
Powers are the same way. It's not a "when did super powers evolve" question, although that could be used as a rationale for staging it as the past for a modern campaign. It's a "what fits this style?" question.
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”