Vibration and a speed power

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sirwolfdude

Vibration and a speed power

Unread post by Sirwolfdude »

OK this has been bothering me, cause I personally could go either way with this call. Vibration says it doubles the speed attribute. In many of the manuals, Speed is replaced by the maximum speed that that particular person can attain. Now... say I have Extraordinary Speed and Vibration. Would that make my max speed 480 mph at lvl 1? Same goes with Sonic Speed.... does it double?

Like I said, I can go either way on this one and would like a consensus if thoughts.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Only your speed stat.. however, you can stack up bonuses to attributes quite nicely if you work it right.
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
Sirwolfdude

thats what I was trying to say... the speed powers supercede the actual attribute, replacing it if you will. In that case, would it not be doubled?
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Vibration does not double the speed of another super power, and even though the character does have this extreme speed, they keep the original speed stat (which is doubled, thanks to the Vibration power) for when they are not using the super speed power.
8-)
Little Sculptures
Sirwolfdude

OK then explain the only numbers listed for the Masters of Speed (Villian's Unlimited Pages 100 to 110) only has MPH numbers for their speed? One would think that since there is no actual speed attribute rating, just the MPH's listed they would be doubled.

I did notice the Blur does not have his speed doubled though. Interesting quandry.
ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Yeah, don't ever take the stats of NPCs in sourcebooks as gospel.
8-)
Little Sculptures

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”