Guerilla Tactics

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I think if the PC's don't use guerilla tactics, theya re pretty fried.

I also think you are confusing guerilla tactics with trap construction. Guerilla tactics are a method of attack and manouvre designed to prevent a large force from bringing its weight of force to bear against an otherwise outnumbered and outgunned force.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

My old campaign took place in NH, so the players did make use of rockslides somewhat often.
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

I think it's safe to assume that without explosives or some other modern edge, not many traps are going to be very effective against the average bug. Big ol' deep pits might inconvenience the a bit (but aren't likely to cause serious injury thanks to their massive SDC and high natural AR), although figuring out where a Bug's likely to go by and then disguising a suitably large pit well enough to fool him might be an uphill challenge.

Apart from that your only real chances of success are the big Wile E. Coyote way of doing things, such as rockslides that LJavelle mentioned. As well as avalanches, boulders rolled off the edge of cliffs, Ewok-style tree trunks on ropes, that sorta thing. Nothing but really big displays of conservation of momentum with heavy objects.

Of course when it comes to thinning out the numbers of their zombie minions, traps of all kinds are gonna be a godsend. Hell, they're infinitely preferable to wasting good ammo that you oughta be saving for Bugs anyway.

Rallan

Return to “Systems Failure™”