Crossover/Conversion

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

messed up by N&Ss, no...Though it threw my other players for a loop when one of my playes got 7 attacks. It was BtS we were that we were playing.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Originally posted by dnjscott.
Hello, does anyone use the cross-over rules from P.164 instead of the HU 2nd Edition rules? They really cracked down on the martial arts in HU 2, and I didn't like that very much... the Ancient Master got especially hosed... instead of one martial art at 10th and 2 at 3rd level, as I read it, you end up with two at 1st...?
I use those rules. The 1@10th, 2@3rd bit is really good for creating founders of a martial arts style.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

ROFLMAO... I get 50 geek point for noticing one more pally bug : they start saying that the Ancient Master is assimilated to a DMA : 2 forms, or just one Exclusive... but the line about the primary starting @ lvl 10 and the [s]2[/s] secondaries at 3rd obviously refer to the UNrevised N&SS rules.

Anyway, I always said those revisions were pure hogwash and should be discounted ... at least if you've got the luck to own a copy of the unrevised game, or have the patience to go through Kuseru's site and use the info there to reverse all the changes
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Originally posted by Johnny Chronic.
The combination system on pp. 164-5 of N&S is wonky, imbalanced, and prone to munchkin abuse. Under that system, a mutant or experiment could trade three physical skills for a martial art form. Wow! For a mere three physical skills, you can learn the ancient secrets of the martial arts (perhaps even one that includes four or more physical skills in training), AND fly and shoot lightning bolts out your nose to boot!

A Physical Training character, on the other hand, had to give up FOUR physical skills, TWO espionage skills and HALF his secondary skills. No lightning bolts here. What a rip off.
The system I use is you have to sacrifice one Skill Program for one Martial Art. Depending on the style, you may have to give up more.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

I follow mantisking, I used a similar system for a N&SS/BtS crossover campaign
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”