no nits, grubs, or nannies?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

no nits, grubs, or nannies?

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

how do the Bugs reproduce? I didn't see any mention of Baby Bugs in the book. Or female Bugs. Do they grow out of cabbage patches or what?
LJ
Explorer
Comment: A few household chemicals in the proper proportions.

Unread post by LJ »

No idea, though I have some random print outs of various other bug ideas that people had on their websites, not sure if they're still up.

One had a queen, was pretty much like the one in aliens.
ECHO Member
Champion of the 2004 Megaversal Deathmatch
He Who Must Not Be Combed
"Poison Clan rocks the world!!"
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Personally, I like the mystery of not knowing. However, I had entertained the idea that the Silkworm Zombie grubs were a larval form of the Ants. Suppose that after X number of years pass, they undergo a transformation that turns the human host body into a cocoon while the pupate into an adult Bug? Nasty. huh? Don't thank me. I stole that idea from Giger's concept sketches for Alien.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

perhaps they copy themselves, like you can copy a computer program?

they just enter special "bio-batteries" (for lack of a better term), and with enough energy pumped in, can churn out hundreds of copies of themselves. (i'd make the high tier ones take a huge amount of time and power, since those are much more intellegent, thus more complex [as you know, the more complicated a program, the longer it takes to make the copy.] )
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

lol yeah they have to 'write' new Bugs with C++ or maybe Visual Basic.
I'm not a programmer, what am i talking about?
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Mike Taylor wrote:Personally, I like the mystery of not knowing. However, I had entertained the idea that the Silkworm Zombie grubs were a larval form of the Ants. Suppose that after X number of years pass, they undergo a transformation that turns the human host body into a cocoon while the pupate into an adult Bug? Nasty. huh? Don't thank me. I stole that idea from Giger's concept sketches for Alien.

That was my theory as well.I thought maybe when a world was tapped out the Bugs left,leaving behind large numbers of silk-worm infested beings.Over time these beings become a new swarm.Or something like that.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
cjfodel

Unread post by cjfodel »

Well considering, in my theory, the BUGS are computer bugs coming back for revenge, I would say that they duplicate themselves.

Charles :lol:

Return to “Systems Failure™”