the Arerri in AU

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Maybe it means they've perfected a technique that only works on a handful of Arreri? They might be more successful at bringing out superpowers in other races but must always role for a side effect (something an Arreri experiment wouldn't need to do).

2bits=25cents
Wayne_Breaux
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Wayne_Breaux »

It means that the Arerri do not have to roll for side effects the way other experiments do. THey can select any they might desire or they can choose to have none. A GM could also come up with a list of minor, beneficial side effects if he wished to go along with the process. It also means they hav control over what kind of powers most subjects will receive. In character terms, this means the player could choose their power sets (within the existing limits of numbers of powers available to experiments) or if the GM prefers, roll several times on the tables and pick from the resulting powers.
"Immatu Imperium da nai Palladium!"

New artwork can be found at http://wbreaux.deviantart.com
Yukon
Dungeon Crawler

Re: the Arerri in AU

Unread post by Yukon »

gadrin wrote:it mentions they've "perfected superpower inducing experimentation" but only a handful of Arerri are Mutants.

anyone got any theories I can borrow? (they're one of my favorite races.)

or was that just referring to PCs?

mutants and experiments are two different things in HU, remember.
Tyciol wrote:In fact, many of these powers seem pretty useless except for neat ways of thinking of killing civilians.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Read it as meaning that if a PC (or NPC) chooses to undergo such enhancement, that they are guarenteed to obtain the desired powers, and that side effects are either non-existant, beneficial, or otherwise have no real effect (ie: she sees "thereness" about any object she studies that others can not detect, but has no use to her in any way).
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”