Wet bugs

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Wet bugs

Unread post by Xar »

Ok, I'm using limited infestation of SF bugs in my tabletop HU campaign. One of the characters, in game, pondered the effects of water on the bugs, since they can convert to energy form. I may have an impure understanding of SF (I've never played, only read the book), but I don't remember if they are affected by water or not.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Mike Taylor

Re: Wet bugs

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

There is nothing in the books that indicates whether they are affected by water one way or the other.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Ok, thanks for confirming that.

I'll see what I can come up with. If I have a cool idea, I'll post it.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

This can be played several different ways, as water is a conductor of electricity.

1) Going into energy form might be no different than if it were on a hardline, except that the Bug could go anywhere. The downside is that the lesser Bugs would probably get lost more easily. Also, their energy attacks might be WAY more destructive underwater.

2) Going into energy form underwater might destroy them, scattering their energy pattern to the four points of the compass. Likewise, energy attacks underwater might feed back and damage them as well.

3) The Bugs can revert to their energy form, but can't travel unless on a standard hardline (or a ley line, if you are using that part of the Bug description).

Return to “Systems Failure™”