Rabdom thought for Rifts England:

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Rabdom thought for Rifts England:

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I had a random thought that got me to wondering: What if the Morgana LeFey from legend was trabsported to Rifts Earth and the reason WHY she was fighting Arthuer (in the various incarnations) was because she was trying to save him/them from the Myrrlin entity. Once saved, Aurther could truly be a force of good in the world.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
oni no won
Explorer

Re: Rabdom thought for Rifts England:

Unread post by oni no won »

That is a great idea. However, Myrrlin, up to this point has been a force for good, even though he is just pretending. Even before the apocalypse, he was playing the long game and gave no indication that he was working against Arthur back then and even now so you would have to come up with an event where maybe Morgana comes to that realization.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Or make Morgan le Fay a moniker for a particularly long-lived dimensional traveller(a nonhuman masquerading as human, an Atlantean, a pre-Rifts scientist, parapsychic, or soldier who became d-stranded and wandered other dimensions/times before returning to Rifts Earth) who has encountered Myrrlin(or his like) in the past, and recognizes that he's up to no good. Her connection to Arthuer may be fictional at best, tenuous at worst(maybe she's a pre-Rifts ancestor/relative of Arthuer in this world-line).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

historically, "morgan le fey" didn't play much role in the arthur stories until fairly modern times.. and when she did, it was largely in a role as a friendly magic user and healer living on avalon, unrelated to arthur.[1] suggesting that in the 'original' conducted by Zazshan, it was probably just another of its fragments. that said, given that zazshan is very clearly basing his new plots around the story of arthur and camelot that existed in the british populace's memory in england post-rifts, i wouldn't put it past him to create an evil "morgan le fey" type character at some point, in order to give 'arthuu' someone to fight closer to camelot, and use said fight against her as a way to get arthuu to conquer neighboring kingdoms, as well as accept domestic policies that would undermine some of the ideals that Arthuu has set new camelot up around.

[1] (the 'evil' character was generally Morgause, the Queen of Orkney and Arthur's Aunt, incestous father of Mordred. for awhile the two co-existed in the stories, but over time the two seem to have been heavily conflated, with the evil fairy queen Morgan largely taking on the story elements of Morgause. and in modern retellings, it's just morgan.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”