Does the Warlock O.C.C. get?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Does the Warlock O.C.C. get?

Unread post by darthauthor »

Does the Warlock O.C.C. get secondary skills after first level (example 3rd or 4th or 5th like many other O.C.C.s)?

The old conversion book I looked out does not show any but every class I can remember does.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Does the Warlock O.C.C. get?

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

PFRPG 2e (pg 112) lists the Warlock's secondary skills as 3@1, +2@2,5,7,10,13.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Since you mentioned Conversion Book I assume you want to know for Rifts.

The Warlock, as presented in the CB1 rev, is an old OCC that is pre-RUE (Rifts Ultimate Edition) so it is drastically out date and does not have additional secondaries like those OCCs from the original RMB that were updated in RUE.

IF your GM allows for old OCCs to be updated you should add Language: Native Tongue to OCC skills and you can probably add 1 secondary skill at level 4, 8 and 12 like most of the other magic OCCs. These are the changes I made but as far as I know there are no official updates.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Here are the changes I saw from the Warlock in Rifts Conversion Book 1 and the one in PFRPG2e. If not made explicit then assume it follows that format.

The number headings are slightly different. #1 and 2 in PFRPG are combined in CB1. There is little difference in the wording within the individual subheadings, with the only functional differences being Speak Elemental being reduced from 98% in CB1 to 92% in PFRPG2e, and the latter mentioning increases to Spell Strength (+1@3,6,10,14).

OCC Skills: the PFRPG doesn't get Pilot:Hovercraft, but W.P.s are changed from 1 Ancient/1 Modern to 2 of choice.
OCC Related Skills: the line about two skills having to be from Wilderness or Domestic is dropped. The +10 to Holistic Medicine is dropped. Espionage choices change from Tracking only +5% to Disguise, Escape Artist, and Intelligence only +5%. Horsemanship: General and Exotic only is added. Physical changes from any except Boxing and Acrobats to any except Acrobats, Gymnastics, Boxing and Wrestling, W.P.s prohibit Lance and Long Bow in PFRPG. Wilderness is changed from Any +10% to Any +5%.
Secondary Skills: Changed from 4@1 in CB1 to 3@1, +2@2,5,7,10,13
Equipment: minor changes not especially worth enumerating.

If possible, this is one of those classes where a character is mechanically best off starting in Palladium and coming to Rifts Earth, to get the bonus skills out of the Conversion Book.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

darthauthor wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:47 pm Does the Warlock O.C.C. get secondary skills after first level (example 3rd or 4th or 5th like many other O.C.C.s)?

The old conversion book I looked out does not show any but every class I can remember does.
You should look up the answer in the PF RPG 2nd ed core-book for the answer to this. It has the Full listing for the Warlock Character Class.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”