Frontier dub?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

Frontier dub?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Any word of Macross Frontier being dubbed? I did a google search and came up empty.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Frontier dub?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I haven't looked or heard anything, but I really wouldn't expect too either (IMHO).
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Watching anime....Dub'ed....? :?:

I looked at the site I get new anime from and it doesn't have MF in english ether.
The only anime I can watch English or Nihongo dub equally is Ranma 1/2.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

most of the US releases are still in the works, is my understanding. Macross II just do a preorder/crowdsource to start a newly dubbed version, most of the others i've heard of had only just obtained contracts to start the process last year. so it'll be a bit before anything releases i think.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Macross II has already been released in the US. In both nihongo and english dubs. This happening about1990.

If I had to guess why this happened is that it wasn't covered by the licensing agreement for the main-line Macross stories.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:19 am Macross II has already been released in the US. In both nihongo and english dubs. This happening about1990.

If I had to guess why this happened is that it wasn't covered by the licensing agreement for the main-line Macross stories.
the dub done in the 1990's was released yes. and there was an aborted attempt at one in 2011. both by Manga entertainment, both were terriblely done.

but AnimEigo just started a new dub last year. which is my point. we now have all new releases of the Macross sequels being worked up, but they all got announced and started in the last two years. and it takes time to do these sorts of projects, if you want to do them well.

also, for those lookign for frontier and delta, Nozomi Entertainment has the license, distributed through Right Stuff Anime. though i think that they haven't released versions with dubs yet. but they released the shows to blue ray in the USA in 2022.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”