MercTown and its Ley Line

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

MercTown and its Ley Line

Unread post by darthauthor »

On Rifts Earth

Is the Ley Line in Merc Town harnessed by an Atlantean Stone Pyramid or are its benefits of P.P.E. and boost to magic and psychic abilities blanketed across the city?

Asking to determine if the group psychic and spell caster gets the energy reserve and boosts.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: MercTown and its Ley Line

Unread post by Grazzik »

darthauthor wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:57 pm On Rifts Earth

Is the Ley Line in Merc Town harnessed by an Atlantean Stone Pyramid or are its benefits of P.P.E. and boost to magic and psychic abilities blanketed across the city?

Asking to determine if the group psychic and spell caster gets the energy reserve and boosts.
MercTown pg 17 wrote:...that intersect in the exact location of the Collegiate Arcane & Guild Hall...
MercTown pg 66 wrote:The effects and properties of these ley lines and the nexus are the same as is common to all ley lines, there is nothing significant about them
MercTown pg 71 wrote:The Collegiate Arcane does, indeed, operate a stone pyramid... Cearcy is the sole person who knows the closely guarded secret of how to enter it
So, a party can use the LL energies, but tick off Cearcy with shenanigans and he'll shut them down.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: MercTown and its Ley Line

Unread post by darthauthor »

Grazzik, impressive memory and eye for detail.

I miss things.

Also, I didn't know stone pyramids worked that way. An on and off switch for the benefits of the Nexus/ley line.

Does the stone pyramid actually look like a stone pyramid from the outside? Like a big pyramid or is it covred by another kind of building. Asking so I can describe it to players. Come to think of it, I'm impatient and should ask my friend for his book.

Does the pyramid also supply electrical power or work as a dimensional gateway?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”