Must Change: The Achilles' Heel of the Mega-Hero

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wilkinsonwilfrid
Newb

Must Change: The Achilles' Heel of the Mega-Hero

Unread post by wilkinsonwilfrid »

Can you use specific Mega Powers if you choose the option to "Must Transform into an Inhuman Form to Use Powers"?
Restoring a character to their non-super form after being forced unconscious or killed renders their Immortal MegaPower resurrection powers useless, as they do not function after death.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Must Change: The Achilles' Heel of the Mega-Hero

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

"Must Transform into an Inhuman Form to Use Powers"....
Looking at this as a GM I would rule that it is only the normal superpowers that are limited to having to transform to use them. With the MHPs are "Always On" even if not transformed.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I would say any regeneration based on immortality is always on, but that is just my opinion.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
knightmare6
D-Bee

Unread post by knightmare6 »

I'd say no, as otherwise even the weakened form is powered in some way, and kind of defeats the purpose of having the Achilles' Heel. It's similar to the Mystically Bestowed weakness of the requirement to transform.

If you do give the power, like say regeneration, an alternative is maybe it works slower? The exception I'd allow is maybe the enhanced regen most Mega-Heroes get (the 1d4+1 times normal rate), as that's not game-breaking compared to an actual power itself.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”