Faerie Curses

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Faerie Curses

Unread post by NMI »

Can Palladium Fantasy faeries cancel or otherwise "lift" curses they place themselves? Or is a person forced to find someone with the Remove Curse spell? Book and page reference if possible. PLEASE
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Faerie Curses

Unread post by kiralon »

The Curses and Jinx ability come under natural magic, and according the the main book (p 184) says the creator of the magic can cancel/stop its effect or influence at any time, and uses magic instead of spell.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

kiralon wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:54 am The Curses and Jinx ability come under natural magic, and according the the main book (p 184) says the creator of the magic can cancel/stop its effect or influence at any time, and uses magic instead of spell.
Thanks for the info. The page you referenced though does not mention "curses" specifically.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

No but the abilities of the faeries come under natural magic, which does cover it. (Couple pages before specifically refences fairy magic being in this class)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

hmmm. I need more info I think. I think I will need to find whichever book has Faerie curses in it. Monsters and Animals has faeries, but does not mention their curses... specfically the "goose" curse. Time to keep looking.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

I found what I was looking for. Remove Curse is the only way to remove the particular curse in question, per the description of the given curse.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Im pretty curious where that is, sounds like fun to introduce players to it?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

kiralon wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:20 am Im pretty curious where that is, sounds like fun to introduce players to it?
It is in the main book, under faerie foods - specifically the food known as Goose
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

AAAh, the food rather than an innate ability, i thought you were talking about an ability one of the faeries had as a few of them can curse.
Faire Foods are another whole kettle of fish and are great fun.
My favourite encounter the party had with fairy food was the word bubbles on a bearman, whenever he talked each sentence would come out as a bubble, and needed to be popped before it was spoken aloud. He also ended up being 1/2 his size, bright purple with green frogs legs levitating slowly up a mages tower (that the party had just set alight because of rats) and not being able to talk without popping the bubbles.
As a DM i love fairy food.
And yeah, fairy food needs a specific fix.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”