Crash/Ramming Damage question

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade the sniper
Hero

Crash/Ramming Damage question

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Which damage do I use for crashes and ramming? Are crashes dependent upon speed and sort of unintentional where it is dependent on speed and damages both parties, whereas a ram is a deliberate action and does damage primarily to the target and 1/3 damage to the attacker... which makes ramming an attack but only if the speeds are less than 10 mph difference between attacker and target... but an attack against something with greater than 10mph difference or against a stationary object constitutes a crash?

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Crash/Ramming Damage question

Unread post by Grazzik »

Correct.

Assume two automobiles:
10 mph differential - HU2 pg 85 for ramming - 6d6 as listed (1/3 to ramming vehicle)
11-20 mph differential ("round up in all cases" to 20 mph) - crash damage pg 84 - 4d4 to both

I'm guessing the assumption is that going at the slower speed allows a ramming driver to aim their vehicle and ensure they inflict higher damage.

Also, don't forget driver damage. If ramming, the ramming driver and passengers can brace for impact and I'd house rule that it would lessen the damage a little from being tossed around.
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Crash/Ramming Damage question

Unread post by slade the sniper »

OK, thanks, that what I was assuming.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”