Dog Boys and Chi

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Dog Boys and Chi

Unread post by darthauthor »

Some questions about Chi in the Rifts Earth dimension

1. Do Dog Boys sense chi in someone like they do P.P.E.?

2. If someone used Chi powers would a Dog Boy sense it like they would Magic?

3. Does having a lot of chi or chi powers reveals itself when someone looks at them with "See Aura?"

4. Do Psi-Stalkers get P.P.E. out of Chi?
For example, if a martial artist with chi powers fought hand to hand with a psi-stalker and lost would the psi-stalker only get their opponents P.P.E. but they would still have Chi energy to escape with?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Dog Boys and Chi

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I would say that Dog Boys do not generally sense Chi, nor the use of Chi powers, but I would have it show on See Aura as part of the health of the subject.

My perception of Chi is that is the physical aspect of PPE, as opposed to ISP being the mental aspect. Both are a refinement of Potential Psychic Energy. In light of that, I would allow someone with high Chi and developed abilities to feed a psi-stalker (willingly or not), though they wouldn't necessarily have a high PPE, any more than a given psychic might.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Dog Boys and Chi

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Using the N&S Chi to answer these questions.
1 no
2 no
3 the text does not say one way or the other because there are no Psi powers listed in the N&S game. So there is no text covering how they look to see aura.
4 No.
---
Using both of the rifts powers that are said to be chi powers for the questions...
1 The PPE chi talked about in the Japan world book yes...because it is PPE. The ISP Chi in RChina 2 would look like ISP, because it is ISP.
2 The japan Chi is much like magic in that it uses PPE, But that can be said of NB talents too. RC2's Chi is much like psychic activity so if it is detected they will thing it is psychic activity.
3 having chi powers is not reviled by See Aura
4 out of the japan 'chi users' yes because they use PPE.
---
Just because I think someone else will bring it up...
Spoiler:
The psychic powers in the RCB1o & RCB1r that mimic chi powers are psychic powers. Those that say these noted psi powers, are chi powers conversions are not correctly understanding that text as it is written.
--
Back to commenting useing the N&S standard....
An easy way of thinking about chi is that it is the power of the 'Mind and Body'. (yep it is part of the overall health of a char because the text actually says that the body of the person uses chi to maintain the body and heal the body. But Chi is also described as the mind's attention.)

From basic game system texts...
With PPE being thought of as the power of the 'soul and body'. (yes I am collapsing the text of PPE into a simple phrase. If you disagree, get over it by posting you own equally simple phrasing.)

Where as ISP just the power of the 'mind'.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”