Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Othger Strangeness RPG Kickstarter has launched!

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Othger Strangeness RPG Kickstarter has launched!

Unread post by AlexM »

It has launched! Pledge now! Just do it.

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Othger Strangeness RPG Kickstarter has launched!

Unread post by Jefffar »

Pledged
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Othger Strangeness RPG Kickstarter has launched!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

YAY!
I still have my hardcopy originals when they all came out back in the day.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

We are over the line.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Thank you for your support everyone.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Jefffar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:24 pm We are over the line.
and that means that milestone 1, the free cover print, is now part of everyone's pledges.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

The KS went over a half-mil, hopefully they will update the page.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Over 700K now

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Jefffar wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 pmOver 700K now
What surprises me is the number of backers, almost 4,500. I mean there were more than 5,000 people following the campaign before it launched but I never thought they would top 4k. And it looks like there are lots of people who are doing just $1 so they can get a few items on Backerkit so the money at the end won't be all of it.

Right now they are on track to have 4 times as many backers as Titan book and almost as many as the Robotech KS

Hope they don't f---- this up
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Warshield73 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:42 pm
Jefffar wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:27 pmOver 700K now
What surprises me is the number of backers, almost 4,500. I mean there were more than 5,000 people following the campaign before it launched but I never thought they would top 4k. And it looks like there are lots of people who are doing just $1 so they can get a few items on Backerkit so the money at the end won't be all of it.
an average pledge of about $156
Warshield73 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:42 pm Right now they are on track to have 4 times as many backers as Titan book and almost as many as the Robotech KS

Hope they don't f---- this up
i have more confidence in this KS than i did with the RTT one, though i backed the RTT one too. getting RPG books printed is PB's core competency, and while this one has a few details different than their normal, with the hardbacks and color printing, the fact is that it isn't all that different than stuff they've done before. and the actual text of the books is largely done since the 1980's, just needing an editing pass. the biggest hurdle i think is the dice and minis, but since those are a fairly minor part of this KS compared to the RTT one. and shouldn't be too much different than the recent rifts minis they did, or the various misc merchandise they sell.

the amount of work they need to do to get this out the door to backers is a lot lower than they needed for RTT. and they're starting at a position of greater work completion than they did with RTT.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

Glitterboy2098 has more or less summed this up. Between changes in the leadership at Palladium, that this product is leaning into the core skills of the Palladium Books team and that this is a remastered special edition rather than a completely new product, this is as close to a sure thing as a Kickstarter gets.

We are on the very cusp of 750,000 right now, but this is the slow period for these things. I hope we can get the Fugitoid unlocked, but that might be the last tier.

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Jefffar wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:27 pm Glitterboy2098 has more or less summed this up. Between changes in the leadership at Palladium, that this product is leaning into the core skills of the Palladium Books team and that this is a remastered special edition rather than a completely new product, this is as close to a sure thing as a Kickstarter gets.
To be clear I am not terribly concerned that this KS will fail in some way, it was a statement of general pessimism with the universe as a whole.
Jefffar wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:27 pm We are on the very cusp of 750,000 right now, but this is the slow period for these things. I hope we can get the Fugitoid unlocked, but that might be the last tier.
As I write this they are only about $500 away from the additional cover print but with just 14 days left I just don't see them getting another $250,000 before the end. I mean that would need at least another 1,500 backers to sign up in the time left or an equal number of the $1 backers upgrading to a few hundred dollars. Still, we can hope.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

As of this writing, we have passed 5,000 backers. Thank you everyone. Keep in mind that this is a license. The license holder has to approve everything we're doing, and they like what they're seeing.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

As of this writing, we are approaching $1 million. Thanks again.
Thlaylie
D-Bee

Unread post by Thlaylie »

I would really love to contribute to this kickstarter, but I need .pdfs. I realize books sell for more, but I'd immediately be onboard if there was a .pdf tier. Please add one before this KS completes.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Thlaylie wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:59 am I would really love to contribute to this kickstarter, but I need .pdfs. I realize books sell for more, but I'd immediately be onboard if there was a .pdf tier. Please add one before this KS completes.
From what I know and have read, pdf's are not allowed per the license.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

We have a Fugitoid!

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Warshield73 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:09 pm
Jefffar wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:27 pm We are on the very cusp of 750,000 right now, but this is the slow period for these things. I hope we can get the Fugitoid unlocked, but that might be the last tier.
As I write this they are only about $500 away from the additional cover print but with just 14 days left I just don't see them getting another $250,000 before the end. I mean that would need at least another 1,500 backers to sign up in the time left or an equal number of the $1 backers upgrading to a few hundred dollars. Still, we can hope.
I've said it a million times but the best part of being a pessimist is that being wrong can be great.

Congratulations on hitting a million and here's hoping we can get a few more in before the end. I am personally hoping we hi $1.2 million as I love the Triceritons. These have always been my favorite part of TMNT and I have used them in Heroes Unlimited and Rifts. I wish we could get a small squad of minis for them but one will do.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Final hours !!! This is it! Pledge even One Dollar before the Kickstarter ends and you can upgrade during BackerKit which will start soon after.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Mutagen Green Foil covers look amazing. Still hoping we hit 1.2 to get the Triceriton.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Thank you everyone. We passed $1.2 million at the end of the Kickstarter. We couldn't have done it without you.
oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

Will the books be appearing in retail?

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”