Star elves and Dwarf Guildmasters

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirLitimus
D-Bee

Star elves and Dwarf Guildmasters

Unread post by SirLitimus »

Outside of DB05, has anyone produced any details of either races? Homeworlds, government composition, military, notable figures, etc?

Or am I about to begin a failed Rifter project of my own?
"Science officer, identify this strange alien race we are seeing for the first time. What? They are Humans?!? ALL GUNNERS, OPEN FIRE!!!"
Furoan
Wanderer

Re: Star elves and Dwarf Guildmasters

Unread post by Furoan »

So, just to put in the expected other Sourcebooks.

Fleets of the Three Galaxies (Dimension Book 13) have a writeup of the Warcraft fleet, including Naval Ranks. While its focused upon the Warcraft as a whole, there's some detail about the different kinds of ships that the Dwarves and the Elves constructed.

Dimension Book 3 (Rifts Sourcebook) has a brief write-up of Inglix the Mad, one of the founding Dwarven Guildmasters, but one who is not looked upon fondly because he's suspected of preforming horrible experiments and dabbling in dark magic.

Dimension Book 5 (Three Galaxies) has a number of planets in the UWW I believe. You have already mentioned the Anvil Galaxy sourcebook which does the best of highlighting some notable figures such as the King.

Dimension Outbreak (Dimension Book 12) has a few UWW figures scatted throughout it, such as the Dwarf on Centre in Spaceland who sells some really good ale etc, but not real writeup of the top-end figures.

There is probably more in the Rifter somewhere but I don't have a handy index to hunt through it.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Furoan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:10 am So, just to put in the expected other Sourcebooks.

Fleets of the Three Galaxies (Dimension Book 13) have a writeup of the Warcraft fleet, including Naval Ranks. While its focused upon the Warcraft as a whole, there's some detail about the different kinds of ships that the Dwarves and the Elves constructed.
Are you sure of that name? I honestly can't remember any reference to such particular fleet in that book - all about the Warlock Navy & Warlock Marines.

The part on the UWW also happens to give us a rough timeline of sorts of the history of the 3 Galaxies from the War against the Dominators onwards, beside some of the leading figures to rise from the war against Splugorth Lord Yythcryss that would lead into the actual foundation of the UWW, such as High King Silverlight of the Star Elves and Master Smith Hacori Darksteel of the Anvil Dwarves.

There's also mention of Nomaijorb, an obscure dialect developed ages ago during the war against Yythcryss as a sort of lingua franca to assist communications between the varied worlds of the Union. Its use has waned over the years, but the Warlock Marines keep it around as a secret language, and to anyone outside of the UWW it sounds like gibberish (Also, an IC-excuse for the funky hodge-podge of german, norse & whatever going on in the titles of the Navy, i guess).
Furoan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:10 amDimension Book 3 (Rifts Sourcebook) has a brief write-up of Inglix the Mad, one of the founding Dwarven Guildmasters, but one who is not looked upon fondly because he's suspected of preforming horrible experiments and dabbling in dark magic.
Phaseworld Sourcebook. It also mentions Inglix's home in Ironring, an asteroid-eater planetoid that is considered an independent member world with its own laws, plus rumours of a past association with the godling Thraxus in Center. In fact the "minions" section of his write-up gives us numbers for both its population (3 million) and stationed troops (200.000).
Furoan wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:10 amDimension Book 5 (Three Galaxies) has a number of planets in the UWW I believe. You have already mentioned the Anvil Galaxy sourcebook which does the best of highlighting some notable figures such as the King.
Three Galaxies is Dimension Book 6. Dimension Book 5 is Anvil Galaxy. Which one did you mean (though there might be info on both, to be fair)?

Aditionally, Dimension Book 14 (Thundercloud Galaxy) explore once more the War against the Dominators, the Star Elves and mentions their term for themselves, Astralfein, among other things i forget.
Last edited by SolCannibal on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Furoan
Wanderer

Unread post by Furoan »

Apologies, I didn't mean warcraft but WARLOCK, must have misspelled or had spellcheck eat it.

Both Dimension Book 5 and Dimension Book 6 have information about the UWW.

Dimension Book 5 (Anvil Galaxy) has some information on the founding planets of the UWW, but Dimension Book 6 has some good writeups of individual planets.
SolCannibal
Champion

Furoan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:20 am Apologies, I didn't mean warcraft but WARLOCK, must have misspelled or had spellcheck eat it.
It happens, and honestly not a problem at all - i fully intend to make "Warcraft Fleet" into an actual battlegroup of the Warlock Navy, maybe guarding the Azeroth, Lordaeron, Northrend & Kalimdor sectors, next time i GM a Phaseworld game. :)

Furoan wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:20 amBoth Dimension Book 5 and Dimension Book 6 have information about the UWW.

Dimension Book 5 (Anvil Galaxy) has some information on the founding planets of the UWW, but Dimension Book 6 has some good writeups of individual planets.
Ergo my doubt. But yeah, both books should be worth checking for reference material to mine.
SolCannibal
Champion

SirLitimus wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:36 am Outside of DB05, has anyone produced any details of either races? Homeworlds, government composition, military, notable figures, etc?

Or am I about to begin a failed Rifter project of my own?
So SirLitimus, how doth your plans for Knive-ears & Shorties of the UWW be going so far?

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”