Project Vanguard and Dog Boys

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Project Vanguard and Dog Boys

Unread post by darthauthor »

So I have a Chi-Town magic users from 12 PA who was transported by a Rift to after 100 PA.

Dog Boy squad lead by a psi-stalker encounter The Chi-Town mage who doesn't know what year it is and thinks its 12 PA and the war between the Federation of Magic and Chi-Town is still on.

Still have not decided upon what kind of mage he should be:
Ley Line Walker
Mystic
Conjurer
Or what is in or out of bounds.
He has documents and orders proving his identity and mission assignment.
But it is all over with.

How does he react to Dog Boys?

How do Dog Boys react to him?

If he has magic pigeon everyone he knows is dead.
He has a radio but all his challenge and passwords are out of date.
At face value his story is unbelievable.
Use of empathy and telepathy would reveal he believes his own story.
Words of Truth spell would show he is telling the truth.

I believe he wouldn't believe talking Dogs telling him the war is over.

Imagined him running away. Trying to find towns and asking about the war until he could get back to Chi-Town.
It would be like a World War 1 officer, in uniform, trying to walk on to an Army base. They wouldn't let him in. Identification was be expired to say the least and that is if the guards recognize the id form.

Dog Boys and Psi-Stalkers would ping him easy.
Assuming they arrest him and take him to CS prison or such what happens to him?

Would the CS military have computer files from that long ago?
Would they check them?
The original project vanguard volunteers were given a medal and exiled after the war.

From the CS point of view he is a fraud until it can be proven he is not.
And if he really is a spell caster from Chi-Town's project Vanguard he doesn't belong here.
Dump him outside of CS territory and tell him, "We will kill you if you ever come back."
eeksite
Newb

Re: Project Vanguard and Dog Boys

Unread post by eeksite »

The Chi-Town mage, unaware of the time shift, would likely view the Dog Boy squad as enemies due to his belief that the war is still ongoing. The Dog Boys, on the other hand, would approach him cautiously, considering him a potential magic user. The mage's outdated identification and mission orders would raise doubts, and the CS military may view him as a fraud until proven otherwise. If he can provide compelling evidence, such as a Words of Truth spell, and if the CS military has access to relevant records, they may reconsider. However, the most likely outcome would involve the mage being expelled from CS territory with a warning not to returnspacebar clicker
darthauthor
Hero

Thank you Eeksite.

A fair and I believe accurate assessment.

A fellow player believed Chi-Town 10 PA was more like Lazlo in their attitude toward magic and wanted to allow any and all magic using O.C.C's.

I thought they would be more cautious and experiment only with OCC's that did not involve learning from or deals with supernatural beings.
NO shifters.
No Warlocks.
Maybe elemental fusionist but CS is a technological nation.
Maybe Techno-wizard
Mystic

I imagined not trusting existing magic users they would have to invent their own spells.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd imagine that after the mage was captured, the Vanguard of the current PA time might attempt a jail break to rescue "a companion of their founders".
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
darthauthor
Hero

Cool answer Glitterboy

Return to “G.M.s Forum”