New Kickstarter, to soon?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

New Kickstarter, to soon?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Why do I ask this question? Bestiary, Volume Two still is not out. I think it is high time this is finished before any other KS is started. The biggest reason, its been like 3 or 4 years since it was funded, and we still haven't gotten it. Yes, Titan gave them some credit, but, IMO, they will waste it if they go ahead with this new KS and Bestiary 2 isn't finish. So, priority number one right now is to finish THAT book. It has been paid for all ready, and we want those books now.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: New Kickstarter, to soon?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

When I saw the subject heading pop up I thought "huh that's stupid" I mean people have been complaining for years that PB doesn't put out enough books. But, then I read the post and I mostly agree. Bestiary 2 hangs over everything PB does right now and they need to clear it ASAP.

My one hesitation on this is that it is supposed to be some secret project, something we don't know about and aren't expecting, and if that is true I am going to give them a pass. If it is something that isn't Rifts I will really give them a pass. If however it is just another Rifts title then they should be criticized and I wouldn't blame any fan for staying away from the KS.

I will almost certainly be chipping in and at my ridiculously high level but we need to be pestering them, especially Sean, to get Bestiary 2 out.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Warshield73 wrote:When I saw the subject heading pop up I thought "huh that's stupid" I mean people have been complaining for years that PB doesn't put out enough books. But, then I read the post and I mostly agree. Bestiary 2 hangs over everything PB does right now and they need to clear it ASAP.

My one hesitation on this is that it is supposed to be some secret project, something we don't know about and aren't expecting, and if that is true I am going to give them a pass. If it is something that isn't Rifts I will really give them a pass. If however it is just another Rifts title then they should be criticized and I wouldn't blame any fan for staying away from the KS.

I will almost certainly be chipping in and at my ridiculously high level but we need to be pestering them, especially Sean, to get Bestiary 2 out.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I would really want to go in on this new KS, since I have basically all their books now, I can get all those special books. BUT with Bestiary 2 still not done, I'm kind of hesitant to do another one.
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Unread post by desrocfc »

Alpha 11 wrote:Why do I ask this question? Bestiary, Volume Two still is not out. I think it is high time this is finished before any other KS is started. The biggest reason, its been like 3 or 4 years since it was funded, and we still haven't gotten it. Yes, Titan gave them some credit, but, IMO, they will waste it if they go ahead with this new KS and Bestiary 2 isn't finish. So, priority number one right now is to finish THAT book. It has been paid for all ready, and we want those books now.

Is it too soon for another Kickstarter? Hesitantly, no, but contingent on the "big announcement." (TM)

As pointed out, there are a number of other projects they need to see to fruition before embarking on some new 'big and shiny.' Unless this equates to a holistic Palladium Core Rules System "reset," with or without some meta-changing narrative to Rifts, my reaction will be lukewarm at best. If this is a new book or series for PFRPG or some such, I'll be happy to ignore it.
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

jaymz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:45 pm "To be clear I am a sucker and will be supporting any KS PB puts out, and probably at my usually high level, but I do want them to finish Bestiary ASAP."

With all due respect Warhield, the above is precisely WHY they have zero incentive to prioritize Beastiary 2.
To be clear I assume you mean all the people like me and not just me. I mean I do high levels on the KS/Insiders but not that much. :D

To be clear I take no offense and you may be right, but I come to PB for books and if they put one out I will buy. If I was buying some sort of tool or electronics, heck a car I would not be as forgiving but these are creative projects so I make allowances.

Also, Bestiary is a resource book full of reprinted material. While I love B1 and want them all if I had to prioritize books I would prioritize new material but that's just me though.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I get that. I do. I picked up Titan after all and you well know my position on much of Palladium these days.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”