Building a Cyber-Doc character

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Building a Cyber-Doc character

Unread post by darthauthor »

For the first time ever a Cyber-Doc Character.

So I find myself wanting to play the character to find out if I would like to.

Building up his fighting ability and skills.

9 O.C.C. Related skills.
2 must be from technical.

Want him to be a Cyber-Doc who can do bionic installs.
Not sure I am reading the skills right.
Does my Cyber-Doc need to spend an extra skill to work with and install BIONICS as opposed to just cybernetics? Or is it automatic with the Cyber-Doc?

Can he build his own cybernetics? Bionics (if he takes mechanical and electical engineering)?

Bio-systems (if he takes the mechanical skill)?

I see the advantages of him being a bit of a vulture on the battle field taking bionics like a necromancer takes body parts.
Does he need the technical skill of Salvage?

What about Appraise goods (bionics) to understand their market value or is it automatic for his O.C.C.?

The only other way that builds him up for war (from what I allow myself to see) is to bionic him up or turn him into a power armor pilot). Have to finance the Northern Gun Power armor. Maybe join a merc company

Oh, BIG question. Does the Cyber-Doc have all the skills he needs to install and remove the Juicer procedure or is that an extra O.C.C. Related skill?
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Re: Building a Cyber-Doc character

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

The Cyber-Doc can install bionics thanks to the "Special OCC Ability" of "Install Bionics"

Also starts with the MD in Cybernetics. Now the skill description there says that allows you to install any cybernetic device and has a -15% to install bionics.

So those two skills would allow you to install bionics, using the bonuses and penalties found under each description.

If you want to avoid the penalties, you need to select the "MD in Cybernetics" (or Cybernetic Medicine from the medical skill list) at least one more time, along with Electrical Engineering. This allows you to do everything with bionics.

I think the Cyber-Docs "Find Contraband" and "Recognize quality of..." OCC Abilities would bypass the need for Appraise Goods. Likewise the skills above make you an expert in bionics, so no need to take the salvage skill just for that.

Likewise should be able to do the juicer's conversion (either way). May want to pick up the Juicer Lore skill as one of your technical skill options
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

Dustin Fireblade wrote:Likewise should be able to do the juicer's conversion (either way). May want to pick up the Juicer Lore skill as one of your technical skill options

I'd see the lore skills as just that ... lore. To install or upgrade juicers, I'd require the CyberDoc PC have Medical > Juicer Technology (WB10 pg 65).
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Grazzik wrote:
Dustin Fireblade wrote:Likewise should be able to do the juicer's conversion (either way). May want to pick up the Juicer Lore skill as one of your technical skill options

I'd see the lore skills as just that ... lore. To install or upgrade juicers, I'd require the CyberDoc PC have Medical > Juicer Technology (WB10 pg 65).

Sorry I wasn't clear. Didn't mean to take Juicer Lore for the medical side of things. Like you say use it for the Lore. Figure if going to have a character going around doing Juicer conversions the Lore skill would come in handy dealing with Juicers.

I honestly couldn't recall if there was a Juicer medical skill or whatever, and didn't have WB10 handy to check. I might let the Cyber-Doc do it without the skill with a penalty roll though.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

You might like to take a look at the Vedmak out of Sovietski. It's a full conversion Cyber-Doc with a bit of an emphasis on battlefield triage. If nothing else the picture is neat.
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

For Feedback
Mention Errors:
Does the Cyber-Doc need Salvage to use cybernetics he takes off the dead?

Cyber-Doc Build

Human
Level 6 Cyber-Doc

Special O.C.C. Abilities & Bonuses:
1. Install Bionics: A consummate pro, if there is any penalty for working
under pressure or on a time limit, it should be reduced by half. Taking
the M.D. in Cybernetics skill twice eliminates (or reduces by half) most
penalties.
2. Find Bionics and Cybernetics Contraband. +20% to Find Contraband related to medicine, cybernetics and bionics.
3. Recognize Quality of Bionics & Cybernetics. An exclusive skill
that enables the Cyber-Doc to tell if an item is new or used, defective,
low or high quality, and a fair price. He will automatically know the capability (damage, range, payload, etc.) of bionic weapons and prosthetics (M.D.C., P.S., Speed, etc.) and whether it's exactly what he needs or not. 75%
4. Repair and Soup-Up Bionics. Repairs for Cheap: Can completely repair bionics and cybernetics at a cost of 25% of its original.

O.C.C. Bonuses:
+4 to save vs Horror Factor
+2 to save vs pain (interrogation involving torture is performed at a -10% penalty on the Doc),
+ 1 to save vs poison, drugs and disease.

Attributes:
IQ14, M.E.13, M.A.9, P.S.9, P.P.17, P.E.13, P.B.7, Spd.6

Hit Points: 41 S.D.C.: 36

Cyber-Doc O.C.C. Skills:
Literacy in Native Language 98%
Language: Native Tongue at 98%.
Language : Other: Spanish 95%
Advanced Mathematics 80%
Basic Mathematics 98%
Basic Mechanics 75%
Basic Electronics 70%
Biology: 75%
Chemistry: 65%
Computer Operation: 70%
Find Contraband: 56%
Medical Doctor: 85%/75%
Cybernetic Medicine* 75% diagnose/98% operate
There is then no penalty for installing bionics, bonus of +10% to surgical
Pathology: 75%
W.P. Knife (Special bonus of +1 to strike).

O.C.C. Related Skills: (9 to start):
Technical skills (2):
Lore: Demons & Monsters 60%
Lore: Juicers 65%,
Other (7):
Pilot Robots & Power Armor
Pilot Robot Combat Elite: SAMAS
Pilot Robot Combat Basic (general)
Electrical Engineering 65%
Cybernetic Medicine*
Mechanical Engineering 55%
Bioware Mechanics 70%