RES pens for passive

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Narsuss
D-Bee

RES pens for passive

Unread post by Narsuss »

on page 151 in the galaxy guide it mentions the number of hack rolls needed to get thru passively and the pen for it. this infomation is completely missing is there an errata someplace that adds this chart? i tried searching for it and find nothing.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: RES pens for passive

Unread post by eliakon »

Narsuss wrote:on page 151 in the galaxy guide it mentions the number of hack rolls needed to get thru passively and the pen for it. this infomation is completely missing is there an errata someplace that adds this chart? i tried searching for it and find nothing.

Try Rifter #2 Hacking, Cyberjacking and Supernatural Data Theft Across the Megaverse starting on page 27
its the official article that was adapted to make those rules.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Narsuss
D-Bee

Unread post by Narsuss »

so i looked, the difficulty i figured out but it dosnt day how many attempts, unless that the numbers of units you buy.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

eliakon wrote:
Narsuss wrote:on page 151 in the galaxy guide it mentions the number of hack rolls needed to get thru passively and the pen for it. this infomation is completely missing is there an errata someplace that adds this chart? i tried searching for it and find nothing.

Try Rifter #2 Hacking, Cyberjacking and Supernatural Data Theft Across the Megaverse starting on page 27

I find these game rules to be stupid, because they are just the combat rules with a different branding. They are meant to enforce....Game Play (D20 combat), rather than Skill Use (% rolls).
The problem with the equipment on page 151 of the AU:GG is that they are not 'hacking tools, they are for the enforced game play. which makes them a Big Yawn for me.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
eliakon wrote:

I find these game rules to be stupid, because they are just the combat rules with a different branding. They are meant to enforce....Game Play (D20 combat), rather than Skill Use (% rolls).
The problem with the equipment on page 151 of the AU:GG is that they are not 'hacking tools, they are for the enforced game play. which makes them a Big Yawn for me.
Let's be mindful of referring OFFICIAL material as STUPID. It's rude to say the least.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I said it a way that said it was just my opinion, & could be ignored.

It's not like was presenting my house rules were canon. Which is back-handed way saying the same thing about canon text. Additionally, that is also saying the canon text isn't canon. Nobody gets a response post for doing that, with a mild warning them not to do that from the mods.
Last time I tried to correct a misrepresentation, in the topic I was the OP of, I got punished. So I try to stay away from doing that anymore.
-------------------------
Correction:
'...the equipment on page 151 of the AU:GG is that they are not 'hacking tools" in a traditional sense. They just help with playing out the RES strictures.'

I do think that it is harder to write '''playable rules'''' for using the computer: hacking skills. Because of their % based rolls.

"playable" meaning as in 'playing out a story', rather than just rolling skills.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Narsuss
D-Bee

Unread post by Narsuss »

so no one know howmany tries per security level?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The closest thing I can find are the general penalties for cyberjacking on page 207 of the AUGG. Not sure if that helps. The virtual combat is listed there also.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Narsuss wrote:so no one know howmany tries per security level?
I would say 1 attempt per melee
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”