Warlock Invisibility

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Warlock Invisibility

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I didn't realize that the Air Warlock spell was so different from the Wizard version. First, it requires concentration, unlike the the wizard spell. Second, it allows for an area. It states, "renders...Everyone/everything in a six foot diameter invisible". So, is that a sphere? Does that mean that if it's six feet tall, it's only six feet wide three feet above the ground? Or if it's six feet on the ground, it's only three feet tall? That seems useless. Also, it states that "any complicated task" can cause the warlock to lose concentration. What's a compliated task?

-Vek
"It's really quite limited."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Warlock Invisibility

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1st...what it says for the range is "Self or 6 foot (1.8 m) area."

Generally speaking when something says XX foot area in means a square. Where when it says XX foot radius it means ether an upright cylinder or a sphere.

But in this case the Descriptive Text answers both of your questions.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Warlock Invisibility

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Veknironth wrote:Well, I didn't realize that the Air Warlock spell was so different from the Wizard version. First, it requires concentration, unlike the the wizard spell. Second, it allows for an area. It states, "renders...Everyone/everything in a six foot diameter invisible". So, is that a sphere? Does that mean that if it's six feet tall, it's only six feet wide three feet above the ground? Or if it's six feet on the ground, it's only three feet tall? That seems useless. Also, it states that "any complicated task" can cause the warlock to lose concentration. What's a compliated task?

-Vek
"It's really quite limited."

"He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking."
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”