Most Useful Super Power IRL?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EliBenedict
Wanderer

Most Useful Super Power IRL?

Unread post by EliBenedict »

What HU2 super power would benefit you most in your life right now? I'm aching for Multiple Selves.
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Most Useful Super Power IRL?

Unread post by NMI »

EliBenedict wrote:What HU2 super power would benefit you most in your life right now? I'm aching for Multiple Selves.

regeneration or healing factor.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Grant Powers nets access to every Minor Power with a large enough population to work with. That would be a good basis for a religion, if one wants to get rich. Healing others well takes a couple of powers IIRC.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

NMI wrote:
EliBenedict wrote:What HU2 super power would benefit you most in your life right now? I'm aching for Multiple Selves.

I second that.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

NMI wrote:

:hug:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Plane
D-Bee

Unread post by Plane »

I'll always go for Immortality, long as I can avoid outright amputation I can bounce back from most injuries and sustain throughout the ages.

The regeneration powers are better in the short term yeah but they don't stop the aging process or diseases.
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

I saw a mini-documentary.

The supposed down side of Immortality is lonelines, pain, and becoming trapped. IF you live forever over millions of years everything is going to happen to you.

I figure everything has an up and downside.

Regeneration for Health. But someone wants to take you apart to figure out your healing process. Then they want to experiment. Blood transfusion. Organ transplant. Etc.

Mind Control for success over others. But, the temptation to use the power over others replace a normal persons maturity and patience. To me, this is like Kilgrave from the Jessica Jones series.

The mini-doc I saw said that "Freezing Time" is the best power. It basically lets you get in and out of places without anyone begin able to see you or stop you.

To me, super-speed, works just as well as "Freezing Time."
It depends on how ones super-speed works. IF it is on all the time or just mentally, everyone is so slow it is incredibly boring.
It it is NOT magic, you have to eat a hundred thousand calories or more a day.
There are supposed to be a whole lot of other problems with moving super fast, like friction and such. Computers can't keep up with you so you can't do an faster internet search with the power of superspeed.
Besides what would you really do with superspeed in real life?

I figure I would choose the super power of healing others.
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

Guess it depends on what you're striving for with the powers. And it also depends on how "flashy" you want to be.

Sure, Healing Factor, regenerative powers, Immortality, & especially something like Invulnerability make you able to walk away from stuff that would kill or maim a normal person. But do that too often & you're going to be a target for every government & biopharmaceutical company, looking for either an unbeatable agent or their next guinea pig. Same with most of the APS powers, Energy Expulson, or the Flight ones. Teleport might be easier to hide, but again you'd have to be careful.

I'd almost say you'd want an Extraordinary Attribute. Those aren't necessarily as "flashy", especially if your stats are still somewhat within the "human" range.

Now, what would be truly useful...would be powers that allow you to control animals or insects. Imagine being an entomologist & being able to closely & safely observe South American army ants, or other dangerous insects & arthropods. A herpetologist being able to pick up black mambas like Steve Irwin, but without having to worry about being bitten by them. An engineer able to connect directly with electronic equipment to figure out why it's not working. Those would be the truly useful powers IRL.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”