How would a CS Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker respond

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

How would a CS Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker respond

Unread post by darthauthor »

Context is good guy adventurers, take the CS Psi-stalkers defeat them in battle and do not kill them. They take them alive and keep them as prisoners.

If a Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker were taken alive as a prisoner how would they respond:

1. IF they were offered psionic healing?

2. magical healing?

A. They see the heroic adventurers healing the wounded Dead Boys using magic.

B. On the Dog Boy/Psi-Stalker "Heal Wounds?"

C. A Laser Mage using their unique spell, "Photosynthesis" to restore a lost limb or eye?

D. "Heal Burns" from Water/Fire Warlock?

E. Air/Fire Warlock bringing them back to life?

F. One of the ideas was to build their own sort of war prison (like a prison labor camp only they are based in the Xiticix Hive Lands). They ideas is the enemies/adverseries the player characters take alive are sent off to their camp in the hive lands where they have to fight the Xiticix.

I am still making it up guessing IF it would work and IF it did work how would it work.

Imagining myself as a psi-stalker prisoner. I wake up. I am told by my fellow psi-stalkers that we are "somewhere" in the hive lands. Our jailer / warden expects us to fight the good fight against the Xiticix. We are psi-stalkers. This is how we get to eat. No kill Xiticix. No eat.

So they let me and my psi-stalker buddies out to "eat."
I think this is my chance to run for it.
I have no map. I can figure out North and all that. I can run for it South East and try to get back to the CS. I have no radio.
I'm probably not going to stop unless I have to hide from the Xiticix. If I fight one, they are never alone unless they are a sole surviver or special case.

So if I am the jailer/wardon, I know all this, I try to counter it by not letting a Psi-Stalker out unless they are already good and hungry. To hungry not to kill a Xiticix that day or the next.
That's one Xiticix down.

How do I get the psi-stalker back in the underground bunker prison?

After they eat. Then they could run for it. IF they didn't over months they would have a mental map of the area. Talking with each other a plan might form. Everybody does a prison break or one makes it out and brings help to free the rest.

In my mind, they would have not doubts about killing Xiticix; just fears.

What would they need to fight the Xiticix?
Xiticix weapons?
Vibro-Blades?
Energy Weapons?
MD armor?

The only 2 things I can think of that would keep a psi-stalker from trying and succeeding in their get away are their fellow prisoners and the obstacles in going from the prison camp to the nearest CS supports/troops.

IF one did get away they would have to back track their way back to the camp on foot with their fellow CS following.

How would a CS commander or higher respond to a psi-stalker who told them their story?

"You escaped a prison in the Xiticix hive lands where you and your psi-stalker buddies had to kill Xiticix to eat and survive. Now you want a rescue mission to be put together to get the rest of the psi-stalkers (2nd class citizens) out of jail. You don't know where they are on the map. The bigger the rescue army we bring the more noticed and attacked we will be by the BUGS (Xiticix).
How many prisoners did you say are jailed up there?
Why do I ask?
The CS is going to lose some breaking your kind out of jail. That assumes they have not already moved or killed your fellow psi-stalker prison buddies.

I know, tell me their names and id numbers. I'll have a psychic pull up their service record photo and do a remote viewing on them. Oh, they are underground "somewhere" or the hive lands all look alike or they are hunting in the hivelands hiding, stalking, and killing Xiticix.

Well let me make a report here and send it up the chain of command and we will see.

My guess, they will look at their to do list for their special forces teams. Then eventually get around to sending the psi-stalker who escaped out with the special forces team to investigate. IF they make it they will radio or take back word of the prison camps location, a plan of attack (prison break) and most importantly the vehicles to tranport everyone back.

Honestly, if I am a big shot bad guy CS high rank commander I'd base my decision on the numbers. At the end of the year, the CS might be better off leaving the psi-stalker prisoners in the hive lands to kill the Xiticix. We were going to eventually send them there anyway.
Last edited by darthauthor on Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: How would a CS Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker respond

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It would all depend on the individual Psi-Hound's and Psi-Stalker's personality.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: How would a CS Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker respond

Unread post by darthauthor »

Drew kitty,

I agree.

Answer my own questions with my own beliefs:

If a Dog Boy or Psi-Stalker were taken alive as a prisoner how would they respond:

1. IF they were offered psionic healing?

From a human. They would allow themselves to be healed.

2. magical healing?

Yes but with more anxiety.

A. They see the heroic adventurers healing the wounded Dead Boys using magic.

Magic is bad but I'll kill you last and give you a chance to surrender and leave you in a prison.

B. On the Dog Boy/Psi-Stalker "Heal Wounds?"

There is a little good in everyone. That does not erase the bad or the evil you will do in the future.

C. A Laser Mage using their unique spell, "Photosynthesis" to restore a lost limb or eye?

I should not feel this good about someone using magic on me. I have to forget that this happened. Yeah. I never lost my arm. It was an illusion. You tricked me. Now run away before I kill you.

D. "Heal Burns" from Water/Fire Warlock?
You won't trick or corrupt my soul just because you healed my flesh.

E. Air/Fire Warlock bringing them back to life?
This never happened. I never saw you. You never saw me. I'm out of here.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”