Swallowing Limbo Limits?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Swallowing Limbo Limits?

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Greetings,

I have questions about the limits on usage for Swallowing Limbo:

1. Is there a mass / weight limit for characters trapped?
    I see a limit on non-living objects but not for characters, so what stops me from holding a whale or an elephant there?

2. What happens when the time limit expires and you do not release prisoners? Do they automatically leave the limbo?

3. Can I push against pressure when releasing someone?
    For example, assume I have Alter Physical Structure: Shadow and Swallowing Limbo, I capture someone, transform in my Shadow shape and go to the bottom of the Mariana Trench (still as a Shadow), there I try to release my victim... Can I actually do it? It seems instant death for those who can not survive the pressure/lack of oxygen, and those who can survive are trapped unless they can teleport or have enough strength to move.

4. Can I intercept attacks without being damaged?
    Like trying to catch a thrown object at me to avoid its damage, it could be small (bullets)
Kendragon333
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Swallowing Limbo Limits?

Unread post by Kendragon333 »

1. As written, nothing would stop you from doing that. Speaking as a GM, however, I would set size limits.

2. I would assume they are simply released. It says without harm, so they would not be forcefully expelled.

3. No, the power specifially says harmlessly. I would assume what you want to do would not work. I would consult the GM as to how that would work. I personally would have them remain inside until you can release them safely, or say you release them in the same plece you absorbed them into yourself.

4. Objects would enter and then be held intert until released. In the case of bullets, they would leave at the same velocity they entered, so you could possibly redirect an attack.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Well, I would say a person with the power can release a subject into a harmful atmosphere, or place. However, if you are making a PC in a superhero game that's not heroic and would be OOC in most cases.

THe main size limiter would be your size, so having APS:Shadow/water/goo makes this MUCH more useful/powerful.
Not sure why you would want a whale but I might just say, you can only have one if you need some limit on it.

Though, my main limiter would be, "do I<the GM> think that makes sense for you PC, who IS a superhero, to do that?"

One of my favorite PC ideas is a limbo/aps-Shadow combo with Immunity to light, shape shadows and EE-Shadow Blast.
While not a complete pacifist, they dislike fighting, and mostly just move things/people around[a bit like the Flash in the horrible Justice League].
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

This question comes up a lot because people don't seem to understand the concept of "harmlessly releasing" people. I would assume you can release them into a dangerous environment, as I interpret "harmlessly" as the power itself not being harmful. As a GM, though, I would restrict this power as only being given to certain alignments, specifically Good ones, as this power seems like it can be severely abused.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”