World Book Updates to RUE

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

World Book Updates to RUE

Unread post by say652 »

Several World Books need updating to the new Rifts Unlimited Edition standard as well as a thorough editing and definate explanation of each occ/rcc/pcc abilities.
Not to mention who gets Perception bonuses.
As well as which RCCs can choose occs.

Building the workable library was fun then changing the entire system was massively not cool but it happened so help us folks with a stack of now outdated books keep using then or Release new versions updated to the new standard Please.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: World Book Updates to RUE

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Given what it took to get the 2E Robotech books reprinted from Manga-size to Full-size, Palladium probably won't consider any updates (or even shadow updates) until the next printing run of a given title.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

say652 wrote:Several World Books need updating to the new Rifts Unlimited Edition standard as well as a thorough editing and definate explanation of each occ/rcc/pcc abilities.
Not to mention who gets Perception bonuses.
As well as which RCCs can choose occs.

Building the workable library was fun then changing the entire system was massively not cool but it happened so help us folks with a stack of now outdated books keep using then or Release new versions updated to the new standard Please.

They have updated several pre-RUE books to make changes including perception bonuses, secondary skill availability (from 'the above list' to the RUE secondary skill list), and other changes, like attacks per melee of many races or creatures getting a +2 boost, among others.
Atlantis, Juicer Uprising, and the CWC I know for sure have these changes.
Some call these "Shadow Updates" because there is no announcement of the changes, and no way to tell a book has been updated outside of running into a reason to compare two different books (in my case it was a player/GM dispute over perception bonuses with both referring to their copy for proof, and both turning out to be correct, for their printing).
Even the RUE itself has been updated in this way.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I don't use the RUE perception rules and bonuses. The original ones work just fine. I don't know why PB had to change them just because they imported the idea to RUE.
And the stupid CC perception bonuses. :roll: *yawn*

The things I would update would be Change the Races mislabeled as RCCs to be just races. Even if they have a RCC (racially restricted CC) attached.
Ignore the "style filter" introduced in RUE and call psionic char classes PCCs.

There are several reasons for not encouraging PB to "up-date" Anything.
The other things that come to mind I have already said in other topics and forums. and are loath to repeat cause they are very blunt.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

They can add a part 2 or 3 to the world books.

Like Free Québec 2,give update timeline telling what happined to Npcs,Some info on the Fortress cities and so On.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

gaby wrote:They can add a part 2 or 3 to the world books.

Like Free Québec 2,give update timeline telling what happined to Npcs,Some info on the Fortress cities and so On.

I'd buy 2 or 3 of most books.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Unless you are adding a major section update to a World Book, I'd rather see settings changed in an 'Aftermath' type book, that updates many of the individual settings at once. For character updates, there should have been update/conversion notes in RUE to bring older character classes inline with the new changes (Something like, unless otherwise stated magic based O.C.C.s get this, men-at-arms get that, etc.) or it should have been released as cutting room floor errata for specific or unusual examples (a PDF that could be printed out and pasted to the inside cover of the existing world book would be my preference). It not justified to require the re-purchase of a world book for a couple of lines of text detailing how a new rule works for existing character classes.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Id love it if we could get some kind of updates pdf for those of us with the old copies that dont want to re buy the same book.
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

Kelorin wrote:Unless you are adding a major section update to a World Book, I'd rather see settings changed in an 'Aftermath' type book, that updates many of the individual settings at once. For character updates, there should have been update/conversion notes in RUE to bring older character classes inline with the new changes (Something like, unless otherwise stated magic based O.C.C.s get this, men-at-arms get that, etc.) or it should have been released as cutting room floor errata for specific or unusual examples (a PDF that could be printed out and pasted to the inside cover of the existing world book would be my preference). It not justified to require the re-purchase of a world book for a couple of lines of text detailing how a new rule works for existing character classes.

They partially covered that in RUE, but only for secondary skills.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Honestly I would just be happy if they list all the "shadow up dates" as errata some where so we know they what changes happened. It helps avoid desputes from diffrent printing of the same book.(Given access to the change without requiring buying an new book, supports them not wanting to make you buy a new book like, informing of the changes means compleatest will buy the book.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Blue_Lion wrote:Honestly I would just be happy if they list all the "shadow up dates" as errata some where so we know they what changes happened. It helps avoid desputes from diffrent printing of the same book.(Given access to the change without requiring buying an new book, supports them not wanting to make you buy a new book like, informing of the changes means compleatest will buy the book.)

I agree with this.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub

Return to “Rifts®”