Wormwood - NPC Help

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Wormwood - NPC Help

Unread post by Bill »

Using the table on p.147 of DB1, I have generated some notes regarding Didache, a "Medium to modestly large free city." The section on armed forces indicates that 3% of the military of the city will be made up of "practitioners of magic and/or other powerful O.C.C.s/R.C.C.s." Please help me flesh this area out by naming a character and his/her/its class(es) that you think would make for an interesting NPC. Please include the book and page of the classes, so I don't have to dig for them. Any notes you wish to provide regarding the character's motivation for defending Didache from the forces of the Unholy and its other goals will be appreciated.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Wormwood - NPC Help

Unread post by say652 »

Zeb Jo Fin.
Asgardian Elf Shifter level:6.

Tall for an elf 8' and thickly muscled SnPs:42 Weighing around 300 lbs. Long hair worn in braids and a long thick beard. He is gruff and dour often curses and hates light steppin sneaks.

Magic chain mail:150mdc.
Lesser Rune Axe 6D6+snps.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Why not.....

Logan Erikkson, ex-CS Ranger (Master Sgt.)

Alignment: Unprincipled.

Attributes: IQ: 11, ME: 14, MA: 17, PS: 16, PP: 19, PE: 14, PB: 19, SPD: 17.
Experience: 7th level CS Ranger

Cybernetics: multi-optics eye (night vision, targeting, telescopic) amplified hearing, clock/calendar, O2 lung, internal radio.

Equipment of note: a modified L-20 Energy Rifle, JA-11 Rifle, Wormwood Resin Sword and 50 M.D.C. Wormwood Resin armor. (CS Ranger Armor stored in his humble residence).

Background: Spider has been a LRRP, Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol, Ranger for the majority of his time in the CS. Born in Chi Town he dislikes confined places and cities. He is at home in the wilds, on Earth or off. Used to working undercover and with non regulation weapons, along side non CS personnel, Spider has been a solo operative out in the wilds long enough to be at home in his new setting on Wormwood. Although he does dream of returning to Earth and the CS he has not been in a hurry to leave the town of Didache. Partly because of the possibility of gathering research on this hellish world which he can return to the CS and much more typical of any lost from home story in a strange land, a girl. After arriving near Didache through a random Rift, not of his choice, he arrived right when the town of Didache was under attack by the Unholy forces. His assistance in beating back the Unholy forces earned him a honored place in Didache. After his light wounds were treated by Herja, a local woman in Didache, Spider found himself smitten by her affections. Unsure how to broach the subject of leaving her home with him Spider has lost track of the days as they turned into long months and he fell deeper in love with Herja.

It's different....also I used him in my Wormwood game, just different town.
:)
Dan Frederick
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

You know, I've written a lot of Wormwood material for my game. I'd love to see your stuff compiled some day.

Reno is only about 1.5 hours from me (Grass Valley, CA) I will have to drive by and photo copy your stuff heh :)
Dan Frederick
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Thanks, Fell. All of my original stuff ends up on the resource thread linked in my sig. Come hang out anytime though.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Lady Penance, Apok

Once a High Priestess for the Light, this woman, who now only goes by the name of "Penance", was seduced to the Unholy's cause. For a time, she was a torturer, scrouging slaves and beating information out of captured prisoners. Now reformed, she has come to Didache to prove her salvation by protecting the people of this free city from evil at any and all costs. She still uses her trademark weapon, an enchanted cat 'o nine tails... only now she flays the hides of demons with it! (3D6 damage [x2 for being an Apok], and Foebane 3x daily... enables her to identify the strongest life force [MSDC/SDC/Hit Points] among the enemies before her.)
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Drusilla and Epiphanes, Titan Knights

A married couple, Drusilla and Epiphanes have traveled to Wormwood under the instruction of their mysterious knightly order and now stand in defense of the city of Didache. A few learned scholars of the city believe that the appearance of the titans is an omen, but they are in disagreement over whether they herald a great victory or a terrible defeat. The majestic giants have attracted many freelancers to their banner though and the rapidly spreading tales of their heroism (which becomes more outlandish with each telling) promise to attract many more.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Captain Stan Retail. Megaversal Trooper level:13.
A 20th century human whose spent the better part of 200 years serving with the legion.

Now retired, repaired and regeared he saya he came to Wormwood for the chicks and asskickin.

bionic upgrades.
Flight System.
Internal energy supply.
Two palm particle beam cannons.
Two thigh concealed ion pistols.
Retractable vibro claws.
Out of phase field generator.
Nano regeneration system same as Wolfen Star Marshall.

Carried gear.
NG 202 Railgun.
Amaki Blast Sword.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I don't know, you guys are adding some interesting people; Logan Erikkson, ex-CS Ranger (Master Sgt.) might start wondering if he is up to living with such unique D-Bee's :)

Granted his lady is here and this is one damn strong community of warriors. Hmmm.
Dan Frederick
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Arturo Vasintac. Anti monster level:15 now a dual class Rogue scholar level:2.

An articulate well spoken and educated Spanish man. He dresses in khakis and custom loafers and polo shirts. He commonly wears a white fedora and carries a sketch pad.

After severing three tours 45 years in the Columbia Vampire war he is "tired of the killing" and tries to embrace his new quest of Knowledge wholeheartedly. Even still he "loses his cool" when undead are in proximity to his home. +3 horror factor for those that know "Artie".

He is currently teaching Maraichi guitar and Salsa dancing.

Equipment.
Larhold Bow.
Greatest Rune Knife. Sky Slayer.
iq:12 scupulous alignment casts air warlock spells. Soul drinker.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

say652 wrote:He is currently teaching Maraichi guitar and Salsa dancing.

Best guy too have around on dreary, dark Wormwood.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Tail whip.
Robot Level:7.
MR:652.

A dimension stranded robot who with no direction hired on as a Town guard.

Funny, great with people and an all around nice guy, terrifying and heartless to enemies of his new home.

Prefers built in weapons but is highly trained in weapon use.
SlaytheDragon
D-Bee

Unread post by SlaytheDragon »

Griggle O'gannon, Gnome Wizard Extraordinaire
On a strange day many years ago, Griggle was researching the rare frost sprites of the Northern Hinterlands. Stumbling around
in the cold woods, snagging his long black beard on every branch, everything bigger than him looking to eat him, all that came out
of his mouth were complaints. The only thing that really drove him was his determination to prove to all the other mages back at the guild that he was a reputable wizard who should not be trifled with. I'm just as good as the others! They make fun of me for my size but oh boy! Will they be surprised when I come back with a frost sprite! The advances I could make through studying one!
It was about that time that a giant frost spider leaped out from it's hole, hissing at the gnome! Next thing he knew he was running for his life, panicking trying to recite a teleportation spell. He just couldn't remember the words!

The spider chased him to the side of a mountain, reciting all power words and incantations he knew in a futile attempt to get that spell down! Trapped, about to be eaten by a giant eight legged arachnid, things just couldn't get worse. Next thing he knew he poofed, as he liked to call it, there one second and then just gone, away from the spider, away from the Hinterlands, and in some alien place he had never been before.

It didn't take long for the gnome to wonder around this barren place. Someplace new, awaiting discovery! Once he made contact with some humans and they explained the situation to him, he knew he must stay. All the things he could learn from this world, a living planet! Sure it was full of monstrous demons but maybe he could help out with that. He is after all, a powerful and well respected wizard in his homeland, and if the things he learns on this Wormwood help make him even more knowledgeable and respectable of a wizard then so be it!

It didn't take him long to start helping in the war effort against the Host. And now, 5 years later, Griggle actually is a reputable wizard! One who, although a little whacky and cooky at times, actually has helped quite a bit of people. He is quite the seasoned wizard now, fighting against the darkness, and many look to him for advice.

Griggle O'gannon
Alignment: Scrupulous
Attributes: IQ: 17 ME: 15 MA: 8 PS: 14 PP: 13 PE: 18 PB: 12 Spd: 14
Experience: 9th level wizard (ley line walker if you don't have the Palladium book)
Equipment of Note: 'Firebreath' magic "sword"(actually a dagger to a human), 2D4 MDC, spit fireballs 5D6 three times a day.
Magic Ring, Armor of Ithan 13th level, 130 MDC, Duration: 13 minutes 10 P.P.E. to cast
Greater Rune Wand, "Ithyllia", IQ 20 Alignment: Scrupulous, 4D6MD All the qualities of a basic rune wand, plus acts as a amplifier for magic incantations. Allows Griggle to cast spells at 5 levels higher than normal. Used like a staff for Griggle.

Of course feel free to change anything to suit your campaign!
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light. - Dylan Thomas

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”