"Attack on Titan:" Giants that aren't QUITE Zombies, BUT....

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

"Attack on Titan:" Giants that aren't QUITE Zombies, BUT....

Unread post by cornholioprime »

"Attack On Titan"

• Genre: "Pseudo-Zombie" sci-fi/action
  • Format(s): Ongoing, long-running Manga series, and now an Anime television mini-series currently available on both Netflix.com and CrunchyRoll.com
  • Available Languages: currently Japanese only, but with English Subtitles
  • Equivalent Rating: The Anime would probably be rated an "R" under the MPAA rating system (actually unrated at present), due to fairly graphic imagery of mutilated human bodies.
    (Strangely enough, even though the animated series shows the aftermath of the Titans' attacks in rather gruesome detail, it inexplicably shies away from actually, graphically showing the violence that leads to the creation of the corpses in the first place.)

The year is....indeterminate, but at least a hundred years from "now."

Giant-sized creatures, called 'Titans' -which range in size from nearly 20 feet to nearly 200 feet in height -have swarmed the entire planet in vast numbers, brutally killing (devouring) every human they can get their hands on for reasons unknown, and forcing the remaining human beings to live in the last known safe(?) areas in the world: one vast castle/city system composed of a series of three gigantic Walls and Gates.

The series centers mainly around a young man named Eren, his adopted sister Mikasa, and a young up-and-coming tactical genius named Armin, three young people whose lives were forever altered when the tranquility of their lives was shattered one day when the Titans, long kept at bay up to this point, suddenly "evolved" and found a way to get past the Walls and their defenses....

Will Eren ever be able to overcome his all-encompassing, blinding rage and desire to wipe out every last Titan at the cost of everything else?

What is it that even Eren doesn't know about himself?

Are the Titans just some freak happenstance....an accidentally-released superweapon from the past.......an unforeseen, deadly mutation in the human species...or part of a larger, sinister agenda?

What is the secret in the basement?

And what is the meaning of the lightning that comes down from Heaven and leaves newer, deadlier Titan variants in its wake??
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: "Attack on Titan:" Giants that aren't QUITE Zombies, BUT

Unread post by Tor »

Thanks for the reminder, I always mean to look into watching these things when I hear of them but it tends to only become feasible around a year or two afterward, at which time we forget sometimes. Did look good.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Tor wrote:Thanks for the reminder, I always mean to look into watching these things when I hear of them but it tends to only become feasible around a year or two afterward, at which time we forget sometimes. Did look good.
Heh.

"Looks."

My girlfriend -who can watch "The Walking Dead" while eating cow brain herself (don't ask about some of the strange foods in her ethnic diet -ugh!), got up and left the room when she first saw the Titans, because for the vast majority of them, they have human faces and expressions, and unlike the 'make-believe' appearance of zombie flesh, these human-looking creatures weirded her out.

Especially the ones who look completely human but run and move in strange ways.

(P.S. she really liked the Female Titan; it didn't look like a normal human, and she liked how kick-ass it was, too.)

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Has she seen Gyo? Make her watch Gyo.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Tor wrote:Has she seen Gyo? Make her watch Gyo.
I don't know what that is, but now I'm definitely going to find it and watch it myself.

And going by your words, I'm going to try and trick her into watching at least a little part of it. :twisted:

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

It starts off pretty approachable. Try to avoid her getting to see the cover or reading about it, since there are spoilers everywhere. Watching it at its own pace though, things ramp up in Junji-Ito level disturbingness that you can't look away.

Return to “Dead Reign™”