Starting a new game, need a hand...

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hound
Wanderer

Re: Starting a new game, need a hand...

Unread post by Hound »

Lord_Jaroh wrote:So our group has been playing D&D for the last 4 years, and we've decided that we are all fantasied out. It looks like people are leaning towards Heroes Unlimited as a completely new change of pace. I am going to be DMing, and since I am not familiar with all of the books/powers that are available, rather than have people pick their heroes, everything is going to be rolled randomly (hopefully keeping down the out-of-controllness that can quickly occur with Palladium characters. :) ).

Is there somewhere that has lists/tables for all of the hero and power options that can be rolled randomly on that includes all the books? I have access to most of them (between the eight of us, I think we have almost all the books, quite a few in duplicate, although I can't find my Skraypers book dammit!), and for the ones I don't I can just have a reroll for the characters. Having to roll between all the books is very clumsy, but if there is a "book of tables" so to speak that collates all of the character creation stuff, I would be very interested. Can anyone help point me in the right direction, or at least give insight in how to manage the glut?

Thanks in advance.

The table in the beginning of PU2 has all the classes in it- except those that came out in Armageddon Unlimited (AU's classes and powers are really specialized anyways, you won't miss them)

As for the powers tables- there's the 1 at the end of PU3 but it isn't that great- I prefer using Kittenstomp's-

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16086
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

There is this compiled list of tables of kittenstomps - http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php? ... ittenstomp

While you are at it, check out the rest of the wiki - http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Welcome to the Forums and good luck with your HU campaign!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The main HU2 book is pretty servicable on its own. If you're just going to roll everything randomly why not just stick to the main book?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Lord_Jaroh wrote:That is perfect! Thank you guya. It will make things much faster than having to write out my own tables. Kittenstomp's site is great. :)

That ain't Kittenstomp's site. It is mine :D Well mine and Stone Gargoyles. I merely host all of Kittenstomps great material.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”