Alter Physical Structure: any elements and Exomorph??

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ESREVER333
Wanderer

Alter Physical Structure: any elements and Exomorph??

Unread post by ESREVER333 »

With the use of ExoMorph I turn from human into an Elf template, then use my Alter Physical Structure: Fire. Would that make me an Elf with flaming skin and fire-like mutant abilities??
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Alter Physical Structure: any elements and Exomorph??

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I am not sure if you would keep your alternate race when you transform since an APS basically replaces your natural body with a new structure. I would imagine it would be up to your GM to decide, ultimately.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Ohh. Like if I have Alter Physical Structure: Fire and Alter Physical Structure: Sand. It forces me to shift from fire to sand, because I can't be both fire and sand forms. So same for shifting from Elf to human fire being. Can only have one form at a time. That makes sense, thanks.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Basically. If you are really wanting an elf that can light on fire, you might want to do an alien based on the elf racial template that has APS: Fire. Or you could do a mutant that looks like an elf with fire powers.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

You could do it as a power combo if your GM allowed it, the same way that someone with Animal Metamorphosis and an APS power could turn into an altered version of that animal. Many GMs are flexible about that sort of thing if you have a concept you are trying to go for.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Wait, could someone please tell me what book ExoMorphs are in?
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Exomorph is a New Power written by Iczer.

Here is the Black Vault Wiki link to the power: http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Exomorph
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Ahh. Okay, my bad, I felt out of the loop there for a sec.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
ESREVER333
Wanderer

Iczer wrote:ExoMorph
The character can adopt the appearance and functions of alien life forms.
The character can simply adopt the form and natural abilities of an alien life form by touching the being for 15 seconds. That species will then be able to be mimicked at any time in the future. The character modifies his natural abilities to that of the new species, but cannot gain the equivalent superhuman powers or psionic abilities of that species unless they are particularly integral to the race.
The character can also become any particular alien type on the alien shape chart, with the exception of plant insect and mineral types which remain unavailable until 5th level.(and even then count as 2 slots)
The character is limited to memorising a number of templates. Half his IQ, plus 1 per level after the first. If he fills up these templates, then he must drop one to pick up another. He needs one template slot free to be able to spontaneously become another species. He gains no skills from the change (unless integral to the alien’s biology) but curiously learns the language of the new creature.
(EG: Johnny Morph has an IQ of 12 and is 4th level. He has 9 templates. Of these he has Atorian, Elf, Neanderthal and Bacharus stored. Because he has slots free, he may decide at a moments notice, to simply become a ‘ape like alien’ on the spot and adjust his template accordingly.)
Other bonuses: +10

That means at level 1, I can copy 9 templates @ IQ of 18. So I can copy 8 different mutants with their abilities, and leave one template unused to quickly shift from one template to the next? Hmmm? Is that right? What about copy a template from Elemental creatures, creatures of magic, or Supernaturals? I see no restriction .
Last edited by ESREVER333 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Nice power, I approve!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”