So, Ceratus Dominus...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

So, Ceratus Dominus...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Did anyone else's group just let Ceratus Dominus kill the baby and just ride off into the sunset with their new Diabolic alignments? Because my group just did...
Cybermancer
Hero

Re: So, Ceratus Dominus...

Unread post by Cybermancer »

No, that hasn't happened to me yet. And I've run some pretty mercenary and self-serving groups.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

If you play general style its bad but hey, thats pc's for you.
If you are like me and do heroic fantasy find out what item they want the most
give it to each of them
get them caught by a group of palladins or something
Hang them and get the palladins give all their worldly goods to their arch enemy.

Wait until they roll up new characters
Let em start with a magic weapon or something similar
then have the arch enemy roll in and take everything from them with the items he got from the last characters.
Then have the last group brought back as vamps/wraith/ghosts and have them harass the party. Make them the end of game bad guys.

After a couple of times my groups have gotten sick of being chased down by themselves (how do they know where we would go, they think like you guys do remember) and are really trying to stay on the path of good.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Nope. We downed him with one paralysis bolt.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

was it multiple castings or ohnowearegoingtodieunlessthisonelastspellworks.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Its was the palladium famous adventuring ruining level 1 spell.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
smashed
Wanderer

Unread post by smashed »

No, but one of the times I ran the adventure, one of the party members effectively kidnapped the kid and ran off without alerting the rest of the party. The kid was saved, but everyone else was massacred.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Did the adventure using 2nd edition rules (updated the dragon :D ). The dragon pretty much
wasted most of the party, accept for one who did manage to nail him in the weak spot.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

See, the thing is, in my game, they are both from the new west, both gun slingers and totally had the firepower to crush the dragon, but I think all the build up really scared them into fighting him. Basically, since they let him go, he upheld his end of the bargain, ate the baby and left Epimall forever. However... They left a key NPC who could get them back to earth in a little shack about 50 miles away, and that is where Ceratus Dominus decided he'd start carving out his new territory, so they returned to find the shack destoyed, the guy dead and now they are stuck in a huge radioactive wasteland with nothing but aster fall illness folks wandering around. So now, they are really screwed... once the bullets run out anyhow.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

MaxxSterling wrote:Did anyone else's group just let Ceratus Dominus kill the baby and just ride off into the sunset with their new Diabolic alignments? Because my group just did...

Huh? Question, was Ceratus doing it for a good cause? Did the PC's know all the details of what was going on?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

The Dark Elf wrote:Nope. We downed him with one paralysis bolt.

My character clambered aboard the paralysed star dragon and cut his horn out for the win. :ok:

But a few years later he contracted cancer as a result. :nuke:
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”