Finaly in the proper size.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Finaly in the proper size.

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

june 9th mummer wrote:Plus, there are a few books to be sent into reprint, Robotech® Macross Saga to be re-designed as a 8½ x 11 sourcebook,

I said back when they started I'd get both, cause when they were asking I though it would be a good Idea that our troops that are also Gamers could fit a manga sized book in their packs better.

But I am glad they are finally getting the new RT books in the proper size to fit on the shelf with the other PB books.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Finaly in the proper size.

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'll only buy a new copy if the resized version is given more material.. i already have a manga sized version in good condition, so no point in changing.

though this is going to make my website's 'suggestions and errata' page more complicated.. i already need to get with a friend that has a copy of the large format main book o update my page # info for that version.. now there is an extra book to worry about in the same vein.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I'll pick up the full sized when it comes out and ditch my manga.

GB - I can understand the problem....I have a had a few discussions off forum with regards to TSC and since I only have the deluxe hardcover it can get interesting. Mind you if you don't have the deluxe hardcover you also don't have the official stats of 6 star ships either or the space combat rules (though I believe the reprinted those in Gen Pits) and several other non combat vehicles IIRC.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Well, PB has ditched the Manga - which means they are not going to reprint them. Therefore you should ditch the updates to your Manga Errata page, and go Standard Sized. The fact that Kevin and Crew stated that all the 'new material' from TSC Deluxe would end up in the New Generation book, but didn't. Means quite a bit in this regard.

Mind you - I did call and tell Alex: "Don't reprint the material" once we found out there was not going to be a Manga sized version of New Generation.
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

They really should do it to all of them and fix all the little errors and add more art for everything.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

well I think from this point on the Deluxe Hardcover of TSC will just become the Main Book of the RPG. Next up once Macros is reprinted will be Masters then everything is up to regular size again.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

jaymz wrote:well I think from this point on the Deluxe Hardcover of TSC will just become the Main Book of the RPG. Next up once Macros is reprinted will be Masters then everything is up to regular size again.

Once they run out of the Masters Manga sized... so probably in 2 years.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Maybe Tiree...maybe.....you never know with the Tactics game they may get a push....and that's assuming they made an exact same print run of Masters versus Macross at the manga size to begin with and that they still have some left. It could be 6 months...who knows.

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

It'd be nice if they put the YF-4 into the standard-sized Macross book...wouldn't it?
They can't see me...Right!?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I'd invest in hardcover editions...I HATE 'peeling laminate syndrome' that afflicts so many of my Palladium volumes.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Unless they actually add some new content to it, I think I'll pass. I'm happy enough with my manga size, after separating the pages and having them spiral bound.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

taalismn wrote:I'd invest in hardcover editions...I HATE 'peeling laminate syndrome' that afflicts so many of my Palladium volumes.

I can deal with the peeling laminate if they combine Macross, Masters and New Gen into one overall book!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Tiree wrote:
taalismn wrote:I'd invest in hardcover editions...I HATE 'peeling laminate syndrome' that afflicts so many of my Palladium volumes.

I can deal with the peeling laminate if they combine Macross, Masters and New Gen. into one overall book!

There are some easy ways to put in more material for the Full Sized versions... Put in the Exp. Tables that were left out of the Magna sized versions. Like the civilian class from Macross, etc, etc...
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

If you think there is something that needs to added to the Macross full sized book, I suggest sending Alex a PM with your suggestion.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Shawn Merrow wrote:If you think there is something that needs to added to the Macross full sized book, I suggest sending Alex a PM with your suggestion.

Yes... Macross TRUE mecha from all the eras...oh wait..right. Harmony gold sitting on their pile and blocking Japan.
Never mind...carry on. :P
ROTFLMBOE! :lol:

Seriously though? ALL the Zentraedi ships from the series (JUST like the 1st edition, but included in the main book NOT as a seperate booklet).
We're never gonna get our Starships of Robotech because Tommy or Kevin or whoever trash-canned that project (rather foolishly I might add), so may as well put them where they belong. In each era book.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

DhAkael wrote:We're never gonna get our Starships of Robotech because Tommy or Kevin or whoever trash-canned that project (rather foolishly I might add), so may as well put them where they belong. In each era book.

The writer was fired, and it was his pet project.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

actually, Keven mentioned as Zentraedi sourcebook in the works, so that is probably where most of the zent ships would have ended up. probably also where things like the 'experimental' stuff from Tactics and such would have ended up as well. possibly even some of the UEDF's experimentals as well, given how sourcebooks for 2nd ed seem to be done so far.

if palladium chooses to roll that project into a new 'enhanced' macrosss saga edition.. i'd buy it.

but i'd also expect the product to end up delayed, since it would effectively be a new book.

Shawn Merrow wrote:If you think there is something that needs to added to the Macross full sized book, I suggest sending Alex a PM with your suggestion.

good idea. some of the stuff on my eratta and suggestions page should definitely be sent in.. (i doubt i can swing the fuel load info, but i bet i can help fix the issues with the OCC mods and a few issues with certain units and equipment)
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Arnie100
Knight

Stats for the YF-4 and YF-6 perhaps?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Gryphon - yeah the battloid image is the wrong one

\m/
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

I figured it was coming as Amazon has no new copies listed anymore. I need Masters in 8.5x11 now too!
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Gryphon wrote:More artwork. The Macross book wasn't too bad, but the Masters book had a lot of missing stuff, though I grant most of it was fairly unimportant at the time.

How 'bout correcting the incorrect artwork while they're at it... they used the wrong art for the VF-1 cockpit, for instance. I know a few items that were in the old books are probably off the table because Harmony Gold doesn't have permission to use the art (the GU-12 being one such case, I believe).

Gryphon wrote:And "we" are all still "anxiously" awaiting updated info on the Synchro Cannons too, the platform, the Legios FAST pack version, and similar.

Erm... wasn't all the info you need to use fighter-scale synchro cannons already in the source book? I distinctly recall seeing it.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Seto Kaiba wrote:
Gryphon wrote:And "we" are all still "anxiously" awaiting updated info on the Synchro Cannons too, the platform, the Legios FAST pack version, and similar.

Erm... wasn't all the info you need to use fighter-scale synchro cannons already in the source book? I distinctly recall seeing it.

it is. the Beta's pod mount version is listed as a slightly shrunk down version of the hovervehicle mounted one that gets stats n in in the book.. basically the weapon stats given apply to both.
pg 187 of the manga size.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Seto Kaiba
Knight

glitterboy2098 wrote:it is. the Beta's pod mount version is listed as a slightly shrunk down version of the hovervehicle mounted one that gets stats n in in the book.. basically the weapon stats given apply to both.

Ah, thank you. Now I know I'm not going mad. :-D

(Because we all know THAT ship already sailed...)

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Tiree wrote:
DhAkael wrote:We're never gonna get our Starships of Robotech because Tommy or Kevin or whoever trash-canned that project (rather foolishly I might add), so may as well put them where they belong. In each era book.

(Wail of lost soul being dragged off to Hell....)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Seto Kaiba
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Other folks have volunteered to write it, but no response was ever received from Kevin on that front...

Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:it is. the Beta's pod mount version is listed as a slightly shrunk down version of the hovervehicle mounted one that gets stats n in in the book.. basically the weapon stats given apply to both.

Ah, thank you. Now I know I'm not going mad. :-D

(Because we all know THAT ship already sailed...)

:lol:

Seto Kaiba wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Other folks have volunteered to write it, but no response was ever received from Kevin on that front...

Very said to here that.
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
june 9th mummer wrote:Plus, there are a few books to be sent into reprint, Robotech® Macross Saga to be re-designed as a 8½ x 11 sourcebook,

I said back when they started I'd get both, cause when they were asking I though it would be a good Idea that our troops that are also Gamers could fit a manga sized book in their packs better.

But I am glad they are finally getting the new RT books in the proper size to fit on the shelf with the other PB books.

Will only get them if they have new info, or it I have extra money to burn.
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Seto Kaiba wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Tiree wrote:

Did the volunteer do a writing sample?
Does the volunteer have recognition within Palladium as a serious writer?
Did the volunteer contact another Robotech writer and offer assistance on such a project?
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Tiree wrote:Did the volunteer do a writing sample?
Does the volunteer have recognition within Palladium as a serious writer?
Did the volunteer contact another Robotech writer and offer assistance on such a project?

Well, I can't speak for everyone (and I'm sure that Colonel Wolfe and I weren't the only ones to offer our services for the spaceships book), when I wrote to Kevin I was only investigating the possibility of getting the book un-canceled if they found a suitable writer... and never received a reply. I wasn't about to throw together a complete sample for the series if I was going to be wasting my time on a project the management wouldn't consider revisiting.

Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

The up-sized Macross and Masters books need more crammed into them in addition to the errata to be worth it. They really need to do the rest of the ASC cruisers and artwork as well as fixing the mountain of errors/typos and other gaffes.
ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:The up-sized Macross and Masters books need more crammed into them in addition to the errata to be worth it. They really need to do the rest of the ASC cruisers and artwork as well as fixing the mountain of errors/typos and other gaffes.

As a community we should prepare one document with the errors and the fixes. That would be then submitted to K. Siembieda for consideration.

If not, that is time and money Kevin has to pull off another project to do editing for a rewrite.

We want to see a more polished product, Kevin wants to produce one. It is in our community interest to meet him halfway.
Seto Kaiba
Knight

ArmySGT. wrote:As a community we should prepare one document with the errors and the fixes. That would be then submitted to K. Siembieda for consideration.

Problem is, because there are a lot of folks here who [disagree with/intensely dislike] the official canon, there wouldn't be a whole lot of agreement on what exactly is wrong and what isn't. Things that get flagged as errors may not be, and Tommy would have to get a copy of the revised book for review before it went to the printers...

Chris0013
Hero

Seto Kaiba wrote:
ArmySGT. wrote:As a community we should prepare one document with the errors and the fixes. That would be then submitted to K. Siembieda for consideration.

Problem is, because there are a lot of folks here who [disagree with/intensely dislike] the official canon, there wouldn't be a whole lot of agreement on what exactly is wrong and what isn't. Things that get flagged as errors may not be, and Tommy would have to get a copy of the revised book for review before it went to the printers...

I can just see the flame wars now....I think the purpose, size, and armament of the Condor would take up 20 pages minimum....if it was not locked well before that.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Seto Kaiba
Knight

Chris0013 wrote:I can just see the flame wars now....I think the purpose, size, and armament of the Condor would take up 20 pages minimum....if it was not locked well before that.

Exactly. On Robotech.com, at least before it up and croaked, it probably wouldn't have been an issue since that was where the official canon had strong support from the community. Here, we have a lot of folks who disagree with the official canon, either in whole or selectively, as well as a few folks who strongly disagree with Harmony Gold's process for establishing their official canon (e.g. exiling almost all pre-2001 Robotech titles from continuity, and their heavy reliance on the OSM).

Barring a few obvious, indisputable screw-ups like using the wrong cockpit art for the VF-1, the lack of any kind of complete and comprehensive official coverage of Robotech would leave most attempts to identify errors in the RPG books mired in a sea of conflicting interpretations.

ArmySGT.
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ArmySGT. »

Then, you guys have made a strong case for why it has not been done, or ever will be.............

So why then carry on complaining about it?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Whatever... :roll:
"But someone on the internet is WRONG!"
Pretty much sums up the geekwhining that surrounds this subject. :lol:

If everyone would just shut up and accept EITHER O.S.M. or Robotech (HG script bible) and let it REST, then there'd be no problem.
Everyone is an expert and everyone has an opinion in inter-tube-web-land. :clown:

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Seto Kaiba
Knight

ArmySGT. wrote:Then, you guys have made a strong case for why it has not been done, or ever will be.............

So why then carry on complaining about it?

It gives us something to do? :wink: :-P

DhAkael wrote:If everyone would just shut up and accept EITHER O.S.M. or Robotech (HG script bible) and let it REST, then there'd be no problem.
Everyone is an expert and everyone has an opinion in inter-tube-web-land. :clown:

But... but... what about all the old comics and novels and first edition RPG that Harmony Gold says aren't even part of the Robotech universe anymore? We can't just ignore those! </sarcasm>

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

DhAkael wrote:Whatever... :roll:
If everyone would just shut up and accept EITHER O.S.M. or Robotech (HG script bible) and let it REST, then there'd be no problem.

fixed for you. HG may have used OSM for some of the gross details, but ultimately it bears as much relevance to robotech as a copy of the Jane's Recognition Guides have for Ace Combat. the OSm is for three unrelated and wildly different shows after all.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Seto Kaiba
Knight

glitterboy2098 wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Whatever... :roll:

fixed for you. [...]

Er... just puttin' this out there, but you DO realize that the OSM is the Robotech "script bible", right? That's the way it's been since the word "go" in '85, and the OSM's influence over Robotech has only grown with time. The official stats are OSM-derived, to the extent that if one took out the minor typos and the bits where the uRRG idiots didn't want to accept that there are such things as animation errors, the two would be virtually indistinguishable. The only area that isn't almost exclusively OSM derived is the Masters Saga, and correcting that to match what's actually said in the show would... wait for it... take it closer to the OSM. :-D

It's not surprising, really. After all, Harmony Gold never intended to make something separate from the original shows when they were making the series, and the collective experience of decades of failed experiments and customer feedback proves definitively that Robotech has never been, and will never be, an entity separate from the original three shows used in its creation. They learned the hard way that trying to put distance between Robotech and the original Macross, Southern Cross, and MOSPEADA means putting distance between Robotech and what made Robotech even remotely interesting to begin with. Harmony Gold has known for ages that what the fans want isn't a stand-alone RT series, they want more stories featuring the familiar characters, mecha, and settings of the original three shows. They did their best to deliver that, and hit roadblocks created by their limited rights to the material every time. The only time they dared try an all-original Robotech with no ties to the OSM (Robotech 3000), it was the most abysmal failure the franchise ever experienced.

Anyone who thinks Robotech is an entity separate from the originals, and could stand alone without the OSM is just kidding themselves. :wink:

glitterboy2098 wrote:HG may have used OSM for some of the gross details, but ultimately it bears as much relevance to robotech as a copy of the Jane's Recognition Guides have for Ace Combat.

Not quite... it'd be more correct to say that the OSM bears as much relevance to Robotech as the creator's notes, player's guide, and walkthrough for a video game would to a re-release of the same game with a little bonus content... kinda like Ace Combat 2 and Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, to borrow your specific example. (I'm actually playing the latter right now.)

Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Kevin put in the latest Press Release that Jeff Burke is going to be a new writer / designer for all things Robotech - congratulations. He also mentioned the new Macross reprint, and it will have no new material. This is quite a bummer IMO, and I hope that Jeff can at least go through the OCC's and make the changes noted a bit more clearer as to what is to be expected. Right now it's clear as mud, and as with everything the first printing could always use a huge editing help.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

So they dropped Irvin? :(

\m/
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Any word on Robotech Masters in 8.5 x 11?

I will buy Macross when it is available.

Lonely soldier boy.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Won't be before it goes to reprint which I'd say is likely next year some time

\m/
MilkManX
Wanderer

7 days till Macross 8.5x11 is up for order!

I am not going to run a Macross era campaign anytime soon but I will grab this for the future.

Lonely soldier boy.
Chris0013
Hero

So...since they have the YF-4 battloid and guardian for the tactics game it should be in the new book.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Chris0013 wrote:So...since they have the YF-4 battloid and guardian for the tactics game it should be in the new book.

In the macross book.....no. In a supplement book for the malcontent uprising, yes.
Arnie100
Knight

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:So...since they have the YF-4 battloid and guardian for the tactics game it should be in the new book.

In the macross book.....no. In a supplement book for the malcontent uprising, yes.

When that sourcebook comes out, I'll happily spend some money on it.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Arnie100 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

When that sourcebook comes out, I'll happily spend some money on it.

Me too. But I shall not be waiting with baited breath for one. Knows too much how erratic PB publishing stuff is.
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

I'm not a fan of the manga sized books because they appear to wear out easily. My 1st edition copies of Strike Force and New World Order which I bought back in 1996 are in better condition then any of the three robotech manga size books I own.

So when the deluxe edition of TSC came out I bought it and gave the manga copy to a friend. I ordered the full size Macross book last night and will 'retire' the manga copy by giving it away.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Never thought manga size should have ever been marketed, reasons most of you have already heard me rant about. Ill gladly replace them with standard sized books when Palladium gets enough material to make an online order worth it to spread the cost of the shipping.

Soooooo....in like 3-4 years...at the rate they produce books these days.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Robotech: The Macross Saga in the 8 1/2 x 11 inch format is available now.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... ebook.html

Alex Marciniszyn

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”