Got some Mutants In My supers game

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hollowecho
Wanderer

Got some Mutants In My supers game

Unread post by hollowecho »

so This Happened last night 3 players rolled up a superhero character then they saw that you can play ATB with the HU (dont own 2nd yet but have acceses to it) now they want to play mutants problem is they want a modern day game so...how do you make it happen (skill wise, money wise,which system ). Had a great plot worked out that stole from rifts and PRPG...my plot still works but my game is on hold till I can figure this up. Can any one be my Obi-wan please?
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Got some Mutants In My supers game

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Pages 164 and 165 of Hu2 has the information you seek young padawan. If you're playing HU use the system presented in that book. Using the ATB2 system (imho) results in skill overload.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

If you're talking mutant animals first you need to know what kind of theme they're looking to play. Are we talking more TMNT level where they don't actually have much by way of animal features outside of appearance or more super-hero level like you'll see humanoid mutant animals with actual super-powers (such as Extinctioners where we see everything from self-duplication to phasing to flying tank and more). The latter you pretty much have to scrap the mutant animal creation rules because you can't possibly recreate such characters.

Going with the latter you'd have to consider certain defaults: SL that allows for normal human height or a bit more or less depending on animal choice), Full-Biped, Full-Speech (maybe partial), Full-Hands, Looks-none (maybe partial). They would also likely have the super-powered version of any animal senses associated with the animal in question, if any. So a mutant fox would have Heightened Hearing, Smell, and Sight. They'd also have claws automatically.

From there you decide whether or not all they have are super-powers related to their animal natures or if they have others as well and work out how you decide on what they have. The education table for creating mutant animals should still work fine for that end, deciding what their education is and whether they were feral or associated with someone (or let the players decide).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
hollowecho
Wanderer

Basically they want be tmnt in a land of supers and such that is why I was asking here. I did know if HU2 hadmutant animals still or not.They made there animal side from AtB ( a croc ,a raccoon ,and a grey fox) and had to stop while I found about their skills and money and such.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

HU2 has a mutant animals section, just the selection is much more limited than if you have the ATB book. If you have both books, you can create the animals from ATB but do skill selection as written from HU2. It is possible to play a supers game using ATB, it is just that your options are limited when creating NPCs from other hero categories.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Nightmask
Palladin

hollowecho wrote:Basically they want be tmnt in a land of supers and such that is why I was asking here. I did know if HU2 hadmutant animals still or not.They made there animal side from AtB ( a croc ,a raccoon ,and a grey fox) and had to stop while I found about their skills and money and such.

Hmmm, well you can still give them access to the super version of enhanced senses (same Bio-E cost of 5 Bio-E and really the mutant human shouldn't ever have superior senses to the mutant animal with the same sense, if anything they'd be the other way around but should at least be equal).

If they're wanting to just be the turtles (as in anthropomorphic animals) then again just default to humanoid size levels and features (minus human looks) and the senses and claws/bite (if any). Maybe given the choices there should give the mutant crocodile the hide and then skip to the tables that generate educational background and resources. No reason to make it difficult and part of how mutant animals compete and survive in a supers world is having those features.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
hollowecho
Wanderer

Thanks guys for all your help. I keep you posed on how we turn out
Nightmask
Palladin

hollowecho wrote:Thanks guys for all your help. I keep you posed on how we turn out

Glad to be of help, looking forward to hearing how things go.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”