Meme-Ispired Articles

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Meme-Ispired Articles

Unread post by bar1scorpio »

Okay, so I have one idea for an alien critter in Rifts Earth & Phase World.

Based around a the Misunderstood Spider Meme. Check out the rest of the image macros of him , and his cousin Happy Spider.

Basically, a giant (mastiff-sized) extra-fuzzy arachnid that came from a planet without canids. They're pets, bred until they recognized that planet's indiginous humanoids as a sort of "family" and then several of them were whisked away to Rifts Earth. They're of good alignments, and incredily loyal and friendly to the point of being gregarious. They just don't seem to understand that they have a horror factor of 13 (16 when they try to wake you up by snuggling, because they love you.)

Any other memes that we could turn into Rifter goodies?
"The World Will be Saved By Steam!" - Professor Steamhead Ninja High School
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Re: Meme-Ispired Articles

Unread post by Blindscout »

bar1scorpio wrote:Okay, so I have one idea for an alien critter in Rifts Earth & Phase World.

Based around a the Misunderstood Spider Meme. Check out the rest of the image macros of him , and his cousin Happy Spider.

Basically, a giant (mastiff-sized) extra-fuzzy arachnid that came from a planet without canids. They're pets, bred until they recognized that planet's indiginous humanoids as a sort of "family" and then several of them were whisked away to Rifts Earth. They're of good alignments, and incredily loyal and friendly to the point of being gregarious. They just don't seem to understand that they have a horror factor of 13 (16 when they try to wake you up by snuggling, because they love you.)

Any other memes that we could turn into Rifter goodies?

I am unable to think of any inspirational memes off the top of my head, but I love the pet spider idea! I think I will have to use it.
:D
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Just thought of another one>

Ludicrous Magic: Summon/Alter Storm: Rain of Chocolate.

A spell that creates a drizzle of chocolate drops, hot, tasty but possibly pain inducing. Because some stay dry and others feel the pain. Choclate Raiinnnnn-
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

bar1scorpio wrote:Just thought of another one>

Ludicrous Magic: Summon/Alter Storm: Rain of Chocolate.

A spell that creates a drizzle of chocolate drops, hot, tasty but possibly pain inducing. Because some stay dry and others feel the pain. Choclate Raiinnnnn-

:mad: :badbad: :frust: :nh: :thwak: :thwak: :thwak:
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Icefalcon
Champion

Unread post by Icefalcon »

I am not a fan of the way some people have become obsessed with memes. One of my gamers talks in them and all it makes me want to do is smack him one. That being said, the original idea of the spiders is a clever one. The second, not so much.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

lots of memes are pretty stupid. but if you don't get too caught up in the insanity, you can find some funny or inspiring stuff.

in the vein of the spider though..

Felis laquearias - genetically modifed cat from pre-rifts times. basically a small cat, with chameleon/gecko genes in it so that it has gripping pads on its feet, allowing it to literally walk up walls and on the ceiling. the modifications also gave it hollow bones and other traits to reduced it's weight. in pre-rifts times it was an exotic housepet, but after the cataclysm the species went feral, becoming skilled arboreal predators, preying mostly on birds and rodents. with the development of urban centers in post-cataclysm north america the species has become an urban one as well. while the cats help with bird and rodent infestations, they tend to lair inside nooks and cranny's of buildings, and sudden encounters with the cats have led to public backlash.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Glitterboy..what meme is that supposed to be?
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
bar1scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

I believe, ceiling cat.

Long Cat could be in there too, a cat-dragon of some sort.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

bar1scorpio wrote:I believe, ceiling cat.

Long Cat could be in there too, a cat-dragon of some sort.

yes indeed. literal in this case, with the latin name. "laquearia" was latin for 'ceiling".. at least according to a google search. :)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”