Ganesh Question

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sammit
D-Bee

Ganesh Question

Unread post by Sammit »

I have a question. I am working on and India supplement and i'd like to know what people think. Would you rather have the Ganesh be an Non-Player mutant as described in the the Main book, or have the description in the book be only an Astral projection of a race of tiny psysker? perhaps non even all elephants that players could be? I don't think i can make a balanced Ganesh with the powers described in the book. One other option in to introduce RCC to AtB. So

1. NPC Mutant
2. Deceptive Mutants
3. RCC

What do you prefer?
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: Ganesh Question

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

N.P.C. mutant. You're right, they would be unplayable.
Although, once you have finished writing them up and know exactly what they can do, you might be able to take a second look and re-think whether you might allow them as player characters.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

actually, the deceptive mutant idea would be fun even if limited to NPC's. them becoming a tiny race would help explain where the Bio-E for the psionics came from. though i'd go with illusion ability + ectoplasmic false body rather than astral projection. though astrally projected versions of the same could explain their 'teleport'.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Sammit
D-Bee

Unread post by Sammit »

Is there Astral Form like power and a teleport power in Hero's Unlimited? If so, which books? So far I have:

Elephant-sized bipeds, full trunk, third eye, astral form, teleport, control others with gaze, telepathy
Size Level: 20 (this is the sticker because that only makes them about 7 feet. Elephants are like 10 feet fall. Being that I am currently trying to make them a playable, I don't want to go beyond that and saw that the Late-Great Wujcik meant Elephant mutants)
Attribute Bonuses: +4 IQ, +2 MA, +2 ME (dropping the PS bonus)
Hands: None? (would be strange, but could help keep the points down).
Biped: Full (10 BIO-E)
Looks: None
Natural Weapons: None
Prehensile Trunk (10 BIO-E)
Vestigial Disadvantage:
Tusks (-10 BIO-E)
Diet: Ruminant (-10 BIO-E)
Psionics:
Telepathic Transmission (5 BIO-E) "telepathy"
Hypnotic Suggestion (25 BIO-E) "control others with gaze"
Astral Form
Teleport

So... a size 20 mutant with >30 points of BIO-E essentially free. Well no PS bonus other than what come in size. And of course the purebred lack of options. Still seems broken. :D

One other thing i'm thinking is making an ability that is like they can teleport and telepathic transmit to many people across large distances only with a group of Ganeshi acting in concert. Like one can't have those abilities, but 10 or even 100 together can. But the size and other ability still puts them over. Another thing would be to have the Hyderabad have constructed devices that amplify their abilities, but they are fairly weak psionically without them.

I will try to come up with the tiny versions next.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

have you read the rifter 43 entry for Sumaiya? there is a bit in her fluff about life under the Ganesh.
her info starts on pg 21.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Sammit wrote:Is there Astral Form like power and a teleport power in Hero's Unlimited? If so, which books? So far I have:

Elephant-sized bipeds, full trunk, third eye, astral form, teleport, control others with gaze, telepathy
Size Level: 20 (this is the sticker because that only makes them about 7 feet. Elephants are like 10 feet fall. Being that I am currently trying to make them a playable, I don't want to go beyond that and saw that the Late-Great Wujcik meant Elephant mutants)
Attribute Bonuses: +4 IQ, +2 MA, +2 ME (dropping the PS bonus)
Hands: None? (would be strange, but could help keep the points down).
Biped: Full (10 BIO-E)
Natural Weapons: None
Prehensile Trunk (10 BIO-E)
Vestigial Disadvantage:
Tusks (-10 BIO-E)
Psionics:
Telepathic Transmission (5 BIO-E) "telepathy"
Hypnotic Suggestion (25 BIO-E) "control others with gaze"
Astral Form
Teleport

So... a size 20 mutant with >30 points of BIO-E essentially free. Well no PS bonus other than what come in size. And of course the purebred lack of options. Still seems broken. :D

One other thing i'm thinking is making an ability that is like they can teleport and telepathic transmit to many people across large distances only with a group of Ganeshi acting in concert. Like one can't have those abilities, but 10 or even 100 together can. But the size and other ability still puts them over. Another thing would be to have the Hyderabad have constructed devices that amplify their abilities, but they are fairly weak psionically without them.

I will try to come up with the tiny versions next.

It's a purebred, so you can basically do what you want with them - just make them medium build and they can be taller. But the tiny version will be intersting to see!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Sammit
D-Bee

Unread post by Sammit »

Size level 0 (yeah, I’m doing that)
Total BIO-E: 10
Attribute Bonus: +12 IQ (seems like a lot, but don’t forget the -8 IQ from size), +7 MA (any leaders of a nation should be charismatic), +7 ME (they are psykers)
Build: Short
Hands: None
Biped: None
Speech: None
Looks: None (tiny elephant that’s pink because tiny pink elephants are funny. Ok, doesn’t have to be pink. But maybe it does, I’m not decided.)
Natural Weapons
None
Mutant Animal Powers (Note anything with BIO-E in parenthesis are for bookkeeping)
Automatic Extra Limb (10 BIO-E)
Automatic Telepathic Transmission (5 BIO-E)
Automatic Hypnotic Suggestion (25 BIO-E)
Automatic Advance Vision and Smell
Automatic Astral Form: The Ganeshi can project a body of Ectoplasm that can be in the shape and size of the Ganeshi can imagine. It does not have a scent or taste. Despite textured appearance it feels smooth, cool, and “unreal.” (The Ganeshi explain this by the fact that they are divine, so the do not shed molecules. It’s also illegal to touch them. This is actually how the outcasts of India got the name “untouchables.” It was felt in Ancient India that to even touch them to make yourself impure and loose your status in the caste system. Untouchables were beat, sometimes to death, if they touched a Brahmin.) The Ganeshi can reside inside the Form or be in a meditated trance elsewhere up to 100+10 per level of experience. The SCD of the body is 100, at which point the body dissipates on the Ganeshi comes out of the trance in pain (-6 to strike, parry, dodge) and cannot reform the body for 2d6 days. The body has a PS equal the the Ganeshi MA, PE to ME, and PP to IQ. The Ganeshi can feel, see, smell, taste, or touch anything that the form experiences. (So the Astral Form is the bodies that people see them as. They are also the blue Astral Forms for when they project their minds great distances [like the Empire of Humanity]). Any other psionic power and originate from the Form as well. So a Form at max range (110 ft for example) can the use Empathy for 100ft (effectively allowing the Ganeshi to use Empathy up to 210 ft away). (30 BIO-E)
Automatic Teleportation: The Ganeshi can teleport and object or person by taking it within their Astral Form (remember it can look however they want, so it doesn’t have to look like it ate the object, but maybe extend an ectoplasmic shell from the Forms fingertips, etc.) and then reforming the Astral Form at the speed of thought to any location that they know intimately. If there is another object or person in that area that the teleportation happens, the Ganeshi and “feel” it and adjust accordingly. The range is anywhere they can form their Astral Form. (30 BIO-E)
Automatic Psionic Concert: The Ganeshi can enter a meditative trance and increase the range of their powers by a factor. So if a Ganeshi can project her form 100 ft, then 2 can project 1 form 1,000 ft (and teleport). 3 can project 1 form 10,000 ft, and so on. Together, they can increase the saving throw to resist the Psionics by 1 per Ganeshi. (30 BIO-E)
5 BIO-E for Advance Hearing
5 BIO-E for Advanced Taste
5 BIO-E for Advanced Touch
5 BIO-E for Extra Mental Endurance
Vestigial Disadvantages (Note, these are a must, the BIO-E is for book-keeping
Vestigial Tail (-5 BIO-E)
Vestigial Horns: Tusks (-10 BIO-E)
Sammit
D-Bee

Unread post by Sammit »

Is the Tiny something you'd allow into your games? The Concert seems powerful, but really unless your whole gaming group are going to be Ganeshi, i don't see it as abusive. Do people agree with the BIO-E points for the new psionic powers? If not, I can have NO BIO-E available to spend and make them smelly too (Vestigial Musk Glands). I am going to make the Godly, throw balance-out-the-window version next. I have to say, i kinda like the tiny elephants though. Putting things on (virtual) paper something makes rattling choices in my mind seem more obvious.
Sammit
D-Bee

Unread post by Sammit »

Size level 20
Build: Medium
Attribute Bonuses: +4 IQ, +2 MA, +6 ME, Brute Strength +10 PS
Hands: Full
Biped: Full
Speech: Full
Natural Weapons:
None (yup, still none)
Mutant Animal Powers:
Advanced Vision and Advanced Smell
Extra Limb: Advanced Prehensile Trunk
Padded Feet
Low-Frequency Wave Detection
Natural Armor
Crushing Strength
Advanced Hearing
Advanced Taste
Advanced Touch
Vestigial Disadvantage:
Tusks
Diet: Ruminant
Psionics:
Telepathic Transmission
Hypnotic Suggestion
Astral Form
Teleport
(I like the Psionic Concert idea enough that I think I want to keep it regardless of playability. So the psionics will still work like mentioned in the Tiny Elephant version.)

So the question is, again, what would you rather see in a supplement? Also, any suggestions on what tweaks for 3 versions?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

looking at the rifter 43 mentions of them (in the Sumaiya NPC fluff.. she's a tiger who is from ATB india.)

their powers include:
a 'souped up' version of Telepathic transmission they use as a telepathic network across all of india, used to speak to their subjects en-mass on a regular schedule.

the ability to remote take control of a person's body and mind, and make it do what they wish.

the ability to teleport others. (Sumaiya was teleported from india to north america when her and a group of the predator resistance attacked a ganesh, done as a defensive measure by the elephant.)

mind trap (the bear in the group was hit by this)

Telekinesis (the Ganesh that was attacked used this to hurl the cells attacking wolf pack back into the forest, and the allied human they had too.)

either the Ganeshi or their servents have the ability to see aura's and/or read emotions, possibly thoughts. it is implied that this is how the ganesh state keeps their predator population under control. Sumaiya was apparently only able to start killing people after she learned (through meditation) an ability comparable to alter aura, mind block, and and invisible haze.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

The only thing I'm generally going to say for this is the fact that you should flesh it out as much as possible. What I basically mean it: give a description (including a brief history of the Geneshi as a race and what thier outlook on life basically is) and then for the Humanoid Looks you could say what they generally look like (I.E.: They have two trunks with bird feet and large bat wings). BUT save the fluff for after you got the meat of the text down.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Sammit
D-Bee

Unread post by Sammit »

glitterboy2098 wrote:looking at the rifter 43 mentions of them (in the Sumaiya NPC fluff.. she's a tiger who is from ATB india.)

their powers include:
a 'souped up' version of Telepathic transmission they use as a telepathic network across all of india, used to speak to their subjects en-mass on a regular schedule.

the ability to remote take control of a person's body and mind, and make it do what they wish.

the ability to teleport others. (Sumaiya was teleported from india to north america when her and a group of the predator resistance attacked a ganesh, done as a defensive measure by the elephant.)

Telekinesis (the Ganesh that was attacked used this to hurl the cells attacking wolf pack back into the forest, and the allied human they had too.)

either the Ganeshi or their servents have the ability to see aura's and/or read emotions, possibly thoughts. it is implied that this is how the ganesh state keeps their predator population under control. Sumaiya was apparently only able to start killing people after she learned (through meditation) an ability comparable to alter aura, mind block, and and invisible haze.

I'll have to get that rifter. I planned to, but i haven't yet. Did it mention that the Ganesh was alone for sure? like in wilderness and not in a city or something?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Sammit wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:looking at the rifter 43 mentions of them (in the Sumaiya NPC fluff.. she's a tiger who is from ATB india.)

their powers include:

I'll have to get that rifter. I planned to, but i haven't yet. Did it mention that the Ganesh was alone for sure? like in wilderness and not in a city or something?

pretty sure it was alone. that was given as the only reason the group had a hope of ambushing it. they had the human lie along a road to draw its attention, then when it went to help they jumped it. it used TK to hurl the wolves away, the bear jumped on its back but got mind trapped into mindlessness, it TK lifted the human to escape, and them the tiger lady attacked and she was teleported away, landing in north america.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”